- 1 cup white instant rice or brown instant rice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can of French style green beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Extra cheddar cheese for topping
- 3 small chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- In a casserole dish, combine rice, pepper, onion powder, cream of chicken, cheese, green beans and chicken stock. Mix until everything is combined.
- Lay chicken on top of the rice mixture. Space evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Take off cover and top the chicken with more cheese. Bake uncovered for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Smart Points : 2 (without rice)
(Divide into 8 equal portions)
If the rice isn't cooked through try cooking the casserole longer. The first time I used white rice and it worked, the second time I tried with brown rice and the rice wasn't cooked through.
Drain the green beans.
I know I’ve posted this recipe before, but this is an upgrade to one of my most favorite recipes ever! Chicken Cheese Hotdish!
My Dad has this hot dish that my whole family loves. It has chicken, green beans, cheese, and rice in it. It takes awhile to prepare because you have to brown the chicken and boil the rice, then bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. I was watching one of those videos on Tasty’s facebook page the other day ago, and they had this recipe called Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bake. The video showed everything including the rice being cooked in one dish. How brilliant! I can use that idea to make my Dad’s casserole dish and sure enough it worked! It was still the same creamy cheesy casserole that everyone loves and I saved a couple of dishes and steps doing it that way. I’ll be using that method from now on.
I just love finding easier ways to make one of your favorite dishes!