My tomatoes in the garden are finally starting to turn red and I was able to manage about 20 tomatoes for my first crop! I was really craving some Tomato Soup and I found this Blender recipe for tomato soup.
Guys, this soup recipe couldn’t be easier, and I LOVE finding easy recipes. This is going to be my go to recipe for Tomato Soup from now on. Slice the tomatoes and cut the onions. Place them on a sheet tray with some parchment paper. I like to use parchment paper for easy clean up. Bake the tomatoes and onions at 400 degrees for 400 minutes until the become nice and golden brown. Then pop them in the blender and add some basil and blend. Instant homemade soup without all the fuss and sodium.
This recipe is also great for controlling the amount of sodium that goes into it. Those canned soups have so much of that in them and this one has 77 mg per serving! Only 3 Smart Points per serving!
- 8-10 tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup sliced fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place halved tomatoes, quartered onions, and garlic cloves into a large bowl.
- Add oil and season well with salt and pepper. Stir well to coat.
- Pour the vegetables onto a baking tray and roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place roasted vegetables in blender along with sliced basil and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Heat soup on the stove, if necessary.
Recipe adapted from One Good Thing by Jilee