Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole – an easy breakfast casserole that you can whip up the night before and keep it in the fridge until the next day and bake it right away in the morning!
I’m always blown away by how much this recipe still gets pinned for Bubble Up Enchiladas. I posted this recipe back in May of 2011 and it still gets views. It’s called Bubble Up because the biscuits are always heavier than whatever other ingredients that you add to this and it rises or “bubbles up.” There are so many different ways you could make this version of Bubble Up Enchiladas the sky is the limit.
That is why I decided to make a different variation of this recipe and test it out with breakfast ingredients. The eggs were perfectly cooked and fell to the bottom of the casserole and the biscuits rose to the top. If you don’t like bacon feel free to use a different kind of breakfast meat like Canadian bacon or sausage. This is like a deconstructed version of a classic egg sandwich. That is why I decided to use American cheese on top since I’m so used to having that inside my breakfast sandwich. Hope you guys enjoy this and don’t forget to click on my social media icons on the right hand side of this screen and subscribe, like, follow whatever! 🙂
Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole
- 1 15 oz can of biscuits (I used grands)
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of 1% milk
- 4 slices of fat free American cheese
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until brown on both sides and set aside. You can also cook the bacon in the oven at a high tem of around 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut one biscuit into 4 equal pieces and repeat this step for the rest of the biscuits in the can.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Place each of the biscuit quarters into a 9X13 casserole dish and pour the egg mixture over top and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Add the cheese on top and place the casserole back in the oven until the cheese has melted. Take the casserole out and serve with whatever breakfast ingredients you enjoy!
Smart Points: 7 (Divide casserole into 8 equal servings)
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 11
Products to use in recipe: