I recently discovered that Tyson chicken has popcorn chicken and the calorie count on them isn't very bad either. You can have 9 pieces of chicken (30z) for only 4 smart points. How cool is that? So you know what I did? I smothered my Bang Bang sauce on them and called it a day. You won't need any ranch to dip these popcorn chicken in!
For this recipe all you have to do is bake the popcorn chicken. They take about 20 minutes in the oven. During that time you can make the Bang Bang sauce. Serve with broccoli on the side or french fries. It's up to you. I'd do the broccoli since I'm trying to eat low carb!
Points update 3/23/17Print
Bang Bang Popcorn Chicken
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 4 oz servings of Tyson Popcorn Chicken (4 oz chicken, 5 sp)
- 3 tablespoons fat free mayo (2 sp)
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce (1 sp)
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce (1 sp)
- 8 smart points
- Bake popcorn chicken according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl mix the mayo, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, place the chicken in the bowl with the sauce and toss the chicken until it's all coated in the sauce.
myWW points: Blue Points: 8; Green Points: 8; Purple Points: 8
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 422
- Sugar: 17
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 19
When I enter this into the smart points app I am coming up with 13 smart points per serving using lite mayo. Am I doing something wrong?
Beth Siciliano says
Made this the other day and it was yummy! However I do want to point out that the Smart Points are not calculated correctly. You only get about 4 to 5 pieces for 3 oz which is 4 points. Nine (9) pieces comes out to about 6.5 oz which is 8-9 points depending on weight. Add the bang bang sauce per your recipe and it adds 2 more points. So for 9 pieces it was 10 points, not 6 points as you listed.
You can find any sweet chili sauce in the Asian section.
Stef Garton says
What kind of sweet chili sauce did you use? This sounds amazing!