Blackened chicken alfredo is an easy 5 ingredient one pot dish that can be made in under 30 minutes. The choice of seasoning you can add to your chicken is up to you or if you don’t like chicken use something else like shrimp or lobster. I used Dak’s Original Red seasoning to flavor my chicken, but you can use cajun or taco seasoning. Both of those would be really good! Chicken gives the dish some extra added protein instead of it all being just carbs. It is also a nice zero point add into the noodles.
This alfredo recipe is only 5 ingredients:
- Noodles - There are so many different kinds of noodle shapes here. I went with good old spaghetti but most alfredo dishes call for fettuccine because the sauce sticks to the noodles better. If you are gluten-free, just use gluten-free pasta.
- Fat-Free Half and Half - If you have a milk allergy feel free to sub unsweetened almond milk for this.
- Parmesan Cheese - There’s really no low point replacement for parmesan cheese. You just have to use it sparingly.
- Butter - I like to use Land-O Lakes light butter. It comes in a small container next to the other butter that you find in your grocery store and yes it does exist. Some people don’t believe me when I list in my recipes.
- Garlic - This helps flavor the alfredo sauce
Did you make this recipe or get inspired to make your own version of it? Please give me proper credit if you decide to post the recipe on your site or social media. Thanks.
How to Make Blackened Chicken Alfredo Video
Blackened chicken alfredo is an easy 5 ingredient one pot dish that can be made in under 30 minutes. The choice of seasoning you can add to your chicken is up to you or if you don’t like chicken use something else like shrimp or lobster.
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 tsp of Daks original red
- 8 oz of spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons of light butter
- 2 tsp of chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup of fat-free half and half
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Split two chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Season chicken breasts with original red seasoning or Cajun seasoning. Place the chicken breasts in a nonstick skillet. Cook the chicken on one side and flip. 3 to 4 minutes. Continue cooking until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Add two tablespoons of butter in a medium nonstick saucepan, and add the garlic. Add in half and half and parmesan. Whisk until combined and let the sauce simmer until thickened. Stir in drained noodles.
- This recipe makes 4 servings. Serving Size: 1 ½ cups.
myWW points Blue 10; Green 11; Purple 10
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 420g
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 46.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 45g
Keywords: chicken alfredo