FINALLY! A day when the sun is out. Those days around here, when the sun is out in the Winter time, is very limited. I like to take full advantage of that. I work from 6 to 2:30 every day and by the time I go home, the sun is already setting. When I’m driving home, I’m praying that the sun still stays out, so I can go home and whip something up real fast to take a picture of it with natural light.
Hence this Cranberry Fluff Salad. This salad comes together in under 5 minutes and sets in the fridge. This is my favorite cranberry side dish at Thanksgiving. The canned cranberries are ok… it’s just that this salad is ten times better! It has pineapple, marshmallows, cool whip and cranberries. You pulverize fresh cranberries in the food processor. Then add the pineapple, no sugar is needed because the pineapple gives it the sweetness. Fold in the cool whip and you’re done! A quick and fast side salad to bring to any Thanksgiving Day table.
You don’t have to use fresh cranberries. Canned are fine too. I would sub 1 1/2 cups of canned cranberries!
Ben and I are dining a lone this Thanksgiving. My family will be out of town and so is his, so smoked turkey it will be!Not sure what sides we are having yet still.Print
- 1 8oz container of lite cool whip
- 1 1oz container of sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 c. raw cranberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Combine chopped cranberries and pineapple and let stand 1/2 hour. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate and allow to stand overnight for flavors to develop.
- Makes about 10-12 servings, serving size: 1/2 cup.
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 4; Purple 4
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup