If you think you can't have a grilled burger and fries while you're on Weight Watchers or counting calories then you're wrong! By choosing the right products and zero point veggies you can have a pretty tasty and amazing grilled burger. A while back, I saw Weight Watchers do a post on Insta and it was how to make a healthier burger. Here are the products that I used with the points listed.
How can I make a Weight Watcher friendly burger?
Light Italian Bun such as Country Hearth (2 smart points) - Look for a bun with this many points that has sesame seeds on top.
93% Lean Ground Beef -(3oz for 4 smart points) Sure you can use 99% fat free ground turkey or chicken for this to make it zero, but a true grilled burger consists of ground beef in my opinion. You can season the patties with salt and pepper or your seasoning favorite seasoning.
Pickles - (0 smart points) Look for canned ones in the store with no sugar added
Tomato Slices - (0 smart points) - optional but makes a tasty burger
Lettuce - (0 smart points) - I like to use Romaine or ice berg lettuce
Reduced Fat Mayo - (2 smart points) -
Reduced Sugar Ketchup - (0 smart) - You can have 1 tablespoon for zero points.
With all the items listed above the whole entire burger is 8 smart points.
Air Fryer French Fries
To top off your burgers you gotta have some fries and I make them in my air fryer. I used store bought frozen fries the Ore Ida Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries. You can have 27 of them for 5 smart points. Set your temperature to the highest temperature setting and cook for 11 minutes. By using the air fryer to make my french fries I cooked this whole entire meal in under 20 minutes. The picture might look like its more than 27 fries but I only ate about half of them.
How to make grilled Juicy Burgers
- Preheat Grill for high heat.
- Shape burgers into patties. Makes 4 burgers. Season each side with salt in pepper. You can also add the ground beef, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix the beef really well with your hands and form the patties.
- Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. To keep the burgers from sticking to the grill spray each side of the burger or grill with some cooking spray if you want to save on oil and fat. Grilled burgers are done when they reach a temp of 145 degrees (medium) inside.
Temperatures for Grilling Burgers
Rare - 120 - 125 degrees F 50 to 55 degrees C
Medium Rare - 130 to 135 degrees F 55 to 57 degrees C
Medium - 140 to 145 degrees F 60 to 63 Degrees C
Medium Well - 150 to 155 degrees F 65 to 69 Degrees
What else can I add to my burgers?
- Fresh or dried herbs and spices
- Dehydrated or fresh minced onion and garlic
- Seasoning mixes such as ranch or french onion dip mix (the flavor packet seasonings)
- Any type of cheese will do. If you're dairy free just omit the cheese!
- Store bought sauces such as BBQ sauce (I like stubbs) , soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, hoisin sauce, plum sauce, oyster sauce, salsa, or salad dressing...
- Other toppings such as mac and cheese, bacon, fried egg, etc. Egg would be zero points if you want to get a little crazy
Tips for using Air Fryers
Preheating: Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual. Mine does not require preheating. If the food ever burns or doesn’t cook properly this could be why the recipe didn’t work for you.
Cooking Times: Please note that all air fryers do not cook the same. Might have to adjust cooking time accordingly. Thank you.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
Oil: One of the reasons why air fryers are so great is because food doesn’t need a lot of oil. Especially frozen food. Just a small amount is fine or use Cooking Spray.
More Great Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
Please Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
I would love to see your creations on Pinterest. Upload them and leave a comment on my Pinterest page! Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @recipediariesww.Print
Weight Watchers or counting calories then you're wrong! By choosing the right products and zero point veggies you can have a pretty tasty and amazing grilled burger.
- 4 Lite Hamburger buns such as Country Hearth lite Italian Buns
- 1 pound of 93% lean ground beef (divided into 4 equal pieces and shaped like burgers)
- 2 roma tomatoes (sliced
- 4 Romain Lettuce Leafs - large enough to fit inside the bun
- 4 tablespoons of reduced sugar ketchup
- 4 tablespoons reduced calorie mayo
- 1 jar of no sugar added pickles
- 1 bag of Ore Ida Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries
- Cooking Spray (such as butter flavored or olive oil)
- Preheat Grill for high heat. 400 to 600 degrees.
- Shape burgers into patties. Season each side with salt in pepper. You can also add the ground beef, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix the beef really well with your hands and form the patties.
- Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. To keep the burgers from sticking to the grill spray each side of the burger or grill with some cooking spray if you want to save on oil and fat.
- Spray some buns with cooking spray and lightly toast them on the top rack of a grill or over indirect heat. 2 to 5 minutes
- Add your frozen french fries to your air fryer basket and set your temperature on your air fryer to the highest temperature setting and cook the fries for 11 minutes.
8 smart points per burger (1 bun, 3 oz patty, and reduced calorie mayo)
with burgers and 27 fries 13 smart points
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled burgers with air fryer french fries