Air Fryer Baked Potatoes - Make perfectly cooked baked potatoes in the air fryer! You'll never want to use your oven again. The skin will be crispy on the outside and perfectly soft and tender in the middle. No foil needed.
Instead of using your oven to make a baked potato, you can use an air fryer. Usually, baked potatoes take at least an hr depending on the size of them. Both of these potatoes that I used were around 200 grams for each potato. That is 7 oz. It's easier to weigh potatoes in grams than ounces on the scale so I can track it easier in myfitnesspal. I set the air fryer to 390 degrees and let them cook for 30 to 40 minutes. The potatoes were perfectly cooked and flaky and I topped my baked potatoes with some taco fixings.
A potato has more potassium than a banana does!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 2 Idaho or Russet medium potatoes - I prefer either Russets or Idado potatoes for this.
- Cooking Spray such as Pam - this helps the potato skin get extra crispy if you like to eat the skin of the potato. I was told that is where all the fiber is.
- Butter - Who doesn't like their baked potato topped with a tablespoon of butter? I sure do!
- Parsley is for garnish
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Prick some holes in the potatoes with a fork and spray the potato with cooking spray. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and close it.
- Set the time for 35 minutes. After the 35 minutes is up, test the baked potato to see if it was done by checking how soft the potato is. If it is not ready yet, place the potato back in for 10 minutes longer. Of course, the time will vary depending on how large your potatoes are. I used a medium sized russet potato for this.
- Potatoes are ready when their internal temperature reaches 208 to 211° Fahrenheit. A fork easily pierces a baker when it's done. If the potato is hard, bake a little longer. However, watch out for over-baking, or drying of the underskin will occur.
Baked Potato Toppings
When I worked at an office, Thursdays would always be considered treat day and baked potatoes were popular to bring because you can keep them warm in the crockpot. The person in charge would always have different toppings to add to the top of the baked potato. Every week it was someone different so the same person didn't have to bring treats every day. We had a group of about 9 people doing this. I've made taco baked potatoes that are also good.
- Gorgonzola and buffalo sauce, sour cream, green onions
- Cooked ground taco beef, cheese, salsa, sour cream,Cottage cheese, chives, and freshly ground pepper
- Loaded Baked Potato with cheddar, sour cream, ranch, and cooked crispy bacon
- Leftover Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Leftover Zero Point Turkey Chili
- Broccoli and Nacho cheese sauce such as Tostitos Medium Con Queso Sauce
Tips for the best Baked Potato!
- Different-sized potatoes can have different cook times. If you find that your potato is not cooked threw after piercing a fork with it place it back in the air fryer for longer times. For even cooking times, keep the potatoes all the size if possible.
- Make sure you poke holes in the potatoes. If you don’t do this the potato might explode and make a mess all over the air fryer!
- How to know when a baked potato is done? Potatoes are ready when you can pierce them with a fork and the fork comes out clean!
What air fryers are best?
I've had 3 or 4 different air fryers or the past 5 years and each one of them has worked very well with the air fryer recipes on this site. If you want to be able to cook more food for your family at once then get an air fryer with a large basket such as 5.3 quarts. Look for ones that say nonstick on them and has multiple program settings.
Power XL Air Fryer 5.3 Quart Basket. - This was my very first air fryer.
Our 5.3QT Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from your cookbook, and frying a variety of dishes, such as: French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, fish tacos and sticks, waffle fries, pies, pudding and donuts.
Ninja Foodi Grill and Air Fryer - This air fryer works very well too but the air fryer setting doesn't go below 300 degrees. If there's a recipe that calls for lower temperatures you have to use the bake setting. It air frys, roasts, grills, and dehydrates food.
Cosori 4 Qt Air Fryer- This air fryer doesn't require any preheating and has several different functions for cooking chicken, meat, frozen foods, etc. There are 5 different functions.
Other Recipes To Try
If you like this recipe for Air Fryer Baked Potatoes let me know by leaving a comment below, uploading a picture to my Pinterest or tagging me on Instagram @recipediarieswwPrint
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes - Make perfectly cooked baked potatoes in the air fryer! You'll never want to use your oven again. The skin will be crispy on the outside and perfectly soft and tender in the middle.
- 2 Idaho or Russet medium potatoes
- Cooking Spray such as Pam
- 2 tablespoons of butter - for topping or garnish, see list above for other topping ideas!
- Parsley for garnish
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees. If your air fryer requires preheating, then preheat your air fryer.
- Prick some holes in the potatoes with a fork and spray with cooking spray. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and close it.
- Set the timer for 35 minutes. You can take it out and test the potato at 35 minutes. If it's not done continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 5; Purple Points: 0
The points are for a medium sized potato
- Category: Air Fryer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: Side
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. This recipe is based on WW Freestyle program, and SmartPoints are the value system the company bases their foods on. Some recipes will have older points system values listed in them.