This is my favorite new way to eat apples and it will be your favorite too! Melt some peanut butter in the microwave. I melted about a tablespoon of peanut butter in the microwave for about a minute. The peanut butter becomes melted and is now drizzleable. Is that even a word? Drizzleable? Use a mandoline to thinly slice the apples. You can use a knife, but it would be a lot harder to get them all the right size.
In another bowl, melt some semi sweet chocolate chips and drizzle that over the apples as well. Be artistic with the drizzling and have some fun. Then top the apples with some shredded coconut, lightly salted peanuts, and some more chocolate chips. Think of a candied apple that you see in the candy stores. the ones that have all the fixings on them like candy. You could go so many ways with this! Your kids will have fun decorating the apples.Print
- 1 large Honey Crisp Apple
- 2 tablespoons cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon raw, unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Thinly slice the apples into rings with a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife. On a slicer with 3 thickness settings, use the thickest.
- Lay the slices out on a large plate or platter, and squeeze the lemon juice over them to prevent browning.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 10-15 second intervals on the microwave’s lowest setting, being careful not to burn the chips. Stir in between intervals until melted (overheating chocolate will result in a lumpy and gritty texture).
- Drizzle the chocolate with a spoon over the apple slices.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter for 10-15 seconds, to allow it to loosen, then drizzle the peanut butter with a spoon over the apple slices.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut flakes (optional) and chopped peanuts over the apple slices, and serve immediately.
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 4; Purple Points: 4
recipe slightly adapted from skinnymom.com
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the nachos
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 20
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2