Skinny Pumpkin Pie Bars – your favorite pie turned into a bar, and it’s gluten free!
So what’s everyone’s plans for Thanksgiving this year? I actually have to work that day and will be helping out at a Thanksgiving buffet. The only thing I like during Thanksgiving is the desserts and my family makes pies. Grandma will usually make a pumpkin or apple pie. Usually I think of Thanksgiving as eating a ton of food and taking a nap after that. I’m not really a big fan of turkey because it normally ends up dry or my family is pretty famous for not getting a turkey cooked on time. The only way to make turkey better is with a ton of gravy and the sides are just blah to me. That is why I hardly have any Thanksgiving recipes on this site.
These pumpkin pie bars are low calorie and taste just like pumpkin pie. Plus they are gluten free! The crust is made of honey nut cheerios instead of graham cracker crumbs.Print
- 2 1/2 c. Gluten Free Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- 3 tbsp. sugar or firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of light butter, melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 15- oz. can Pumpkin puree
- 1 12- oz. can fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9”-x-9” square baking pan.
- Add the cheerios, sugar, and butter into a food processor. Pulse the cereal into fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, add all the ingredients to a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the greased baking pan. Bake until crust turns golden, about 7-8 minutes. Let cool while you make filling. Turn the oven temperature up to 425 degrees.
- Make filling. Beat all filling ingredients together until smooth with an electric hand mixer. Pour filling into crust and bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake about 35 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate until chilled.
- Sift powdered sugar over sliced squares before serving.
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 6; Purple 6
Serving size: 1 bar
Please feel free to use artificial sweeteners to help lower the points. I am allergic to them so that is why I don’t use them in my recipes anymore.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 17
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3