Spicy sausage, tomatoes, and cream come together to make the most wonderful sauce served over any type of noodle you like. The recipe comes together in about 30 minutes. Serve with a fresh salad and garlic bread on the side.
Any recipe that calls for ground beef can be made 10 times better with Italian Sausage. Hot, Mild, Sweet, it really doesn’t matter, but hot is my favorite and it really gives this pasta some flavor. Different brands of sausage can be super spicy. I’ve tried it with Johnsonville and that was super hot. The 4 Brothers brand was less spicy. I’ve made this recipe twice now and thought I’d share it with everyone. Just pick your favorite brand and level of spiciness.
Recently, I ended up buying one of those meat chopper tools that are used to break ground beef or sausage. I saw someone using that on Tiktok and it works like a charm! I’ve always used a wooden spoon to do that in the past but I highly recommend this tool!
Meat Chopper, 5 Curve blades, Ground Beef masher - Amazon
What Ingredients do I need?
In this section, you can find substitutes or suggestions for certain ingredients. I also will try and list out what the ingredients' purpose is for.
Italian Sausage - Mild, Sweet, or Hot - Can use turkey sausage or chicken sausage if you want to lower the points. Turkey sausage was used to figure out the points below.
Onions and Garlic - finely minced
Tomatoes - Use whole canned San Marzano Tomatoes
Heavy Cream - I have not tried this with any other type of milk but I would use whole if you don’t have heavy cream.
Parmesan Cheese - Freshly grated real parmesan cheese. None from the green container please. 🙂
Onion - yellow or white
How to make Spicy Sausage Pasta
To print the full recipe please see the recipe card below.
Brown the sausage in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Use a meat chopper to break up the ground sausage.
Add finely minced onion and garlic and continue cooking. 5 minutes.
Add the whole tomatoes and chop them up with the meat chopper.
Let the sauce simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, boil the pasta noodles until al dente and drain.
Then add the parmesan cheese, freshly chopped parsley, heavy cream, and cooked pasta. Continue stirring until everything is well incorporated.
Other Recipes to Try
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Knots
Trisha Yearwood’s Charleston Cheese Dip
If you’ve tried this Spicy Sausage Pasta recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to Pinterest or Instagram.Print
Spicy Sausage Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 pound Mild or Hot Italian turkey Sausage
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 15 oz can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 8 oz cooked Rigatoni Pasta
- Brown the sausage in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Use a meat chopper to break up the ground sausage.
- Add finely minced onion and garlic and continue cooking. 5 minutes.
- Add the whole tomatoes and chop them up with the meat chopper.
- Let the sauce simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, boil the pasta noodles until al dente and drain.
- Then add the parmesan cheese, freshly chopped parsley, heavy cream, and cooked pasta. Continue stirring until everything is well incorporated.
myWW points blue 9, purple 9, green 9 (1 ¼ cup serving)
- Category: Medium
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Spicy Sausage Pasta
Leave a Reply