I just love desserts like this no bake chocolate peanut butter cookie that doesn't require you to heat up the oven. This is as easy as stirring all the ingredients in a pan and dropping the batter onto parchment paper and just waiting for them to set. These can easily be made into lower-calorie or Weight Watcher-friendly cookies by just replacing a few ingredients.
I'm sure everyone has had no-bake cookies before and these are Weight Watcher friendly so you don't feel so guilty eating them. Weight Watchers recently changed their plan to myWW which includes all three points and on purple, blue, and green they are 3 points for cookie. I use a small tablespoon ice cream scoop to measure these cookies out. Makes 30 to 35 cookies.
- Butter - Unsalted butter is the most commonly used type of butter in baking, as it allows for more control over the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Milk - Dairy does not like me at all so I go for a lactose free milk such as Fairlife. It also has more protein in it.
- Sugar - I have not tested this recipe with any sugar substitutes but there are quite a few people in the comments that have. Check those if that interests you.
- Cocoa powder - Is a product of cocoa beans that have been roasted, fermented, and processed to remove the fat, leaving behind a dry and bitter powder. I like Hershey's Cocoa Powder
- Peanut butter - Use good peanut butter that is just ground-up peanuts and no other ingredients added to it. Costco’s Kirland’s brand is really good for this. Can always sub PB2 to make it lower points.
- Vanilla extract - It is made by macerating and soaking vanilla beans in a mixture of water and Vodka. Use a good pure vanilla instead of the imitation vanilla extract.
- Quick-cooking oats - Also known as rolled oats, are a type of oatmeal that has been steamed and rolled to create flat, oval-shaped flakes. They are a popular breakfast food and can be cooked on the stove or in the microwave with water or milk.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
Step 1: Mix together butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
Recipe Tip: Do not over boil this part or else the mixture won't set properly. Let it come to a gentle boil and remove t from the heat.
Step 2: Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir in oats and pecans. The pecans are optional.
Step 3: Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop onto wax or parchment paper. Allow cookies to stand for 1 hour or until set
Serving size: 1 cookie.
WW really stresses the fact that you can eat anything you like while following their program and that is one thing I really like about their program. I'm still allowed to eat these cookies and I don't mind the fact that they are 3 points per cookie. You can have 2 for 6 points. This recipe uses real butter and sugar and that is also still allowed on WW. If you look into dessert recipes on the WW app they don't use ingredients like Splenda or Xylitol to help lower the points of their recipes. They use REAL sugar.
Yes, you can use powdered peanut butter but I prefer the taste of real peanut butter in these cookies. Follow the instructions on the back of the container to get ½ cup.
There are many different sugar substitutes out on the market these days and I do not experiment with any of them. I've tried in the past and the side effects I'd get from using some of them resulted in severe stomach pain and bloating. If you wish to use any of these substitutes in this recipe then please use the WW recipe builder to figure out points for that. I only figure out points for the recipe listed below.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
I just love desserts that don't require you to heat up the oven. This is as easy as stirring all the ingredients in a pan and dropping the batter onto parchment paper and just waiting for them to set.
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Mix together butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Stir in oats and pecans.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop onto wax or parchment paper. Allow cookies to stand for 1 hour or until set
- Serving size: 1 cookie.
My WW Personal Points: 4 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 9.4
- Fat: 2.8
- Saturated Fat: 1.1
- Fiber: .8
- Protein: 1.2
Keywords: No Bake Chocolate Cookies