Bubble Up Enchiladas – Weight Watcher Recipes (Part 2)

weight watcher recipes

I think it’s ok to re-visit your favorite recipes. I’ve had this recipe on my blog once before. I made this using my favorite Enchilada sauce ever. Sure…. I could go and make my own (which I’d like to try someday), but this is so much easier. It’s a very spicy Enchilada sauce and I get at least 2 jars of it, whenever I go to Minneapolis to visit my brother. Sometimes, he’ll even bring me home a whole list of Trader Joe’s stuff that I send to him. Doesn’t he sound like the nicest brother ever?

You can do a lot with this kind of recipe. Instead of enchiladas you could make a chicken pot pie or pizza. Add some beans or corn to the beef mixture to get some more fiber in. I haven’t tried the chicken pot pie or pizza version yet, but I think that might have to be on the menu for next week. A chicken pot pie sounds good right now.

I think this photo is a lot better than what my food photography used to be. See the old version here.

Note: Pictures of recipe instructions updated as of 5/2/2012. I was getting so many questions about the recipe I decided to update the post.

Start off with browning some ground turkey or beef, whichever you prefer.

Open a can of biscuits and cut the biscuits into 4ths, like the picture shows above.

Add in your favorite jar/can of enchilada sauce. Or if you’re feeling up to it make your own. Here you can also add in other ingredients to, like corn or black beans.

Layer your biscuits on the bottom of the dish and spread the biscuits out.

Add in the beef mixture on top of the biscuits.

Then top it with some cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350. Serve with your favorite taco toppings.

——————————————————————————–

Nutrition  Info: Calories 390 | Fat 11.5g | Carbohydrate 36g | Fiber 2g | Protein 33g

Weight Watcher Recipes 6 points (old points)

Points Plus: 10

Serves 6

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce

1 (8oz ) can of tomato sauce (this optional, I do not use this but the recipe says to add it in with the enchilada sauce)
1 16 oz can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese

Extra Ingredients
Green Onions, black olives, salsa, etc.
Fat Free Sour Cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole (I use 8 X 11) and bake for 25 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through. Usually I use a tooth pick to see if the biscuits are done. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Notes: Add in a can of black beans or corn (when the beef is cooking in the pan), or sprinkle with some green onions. Top with a tablespoon of fat free sour cream.

You can make into 8 servings

Don’t forget to check out my facebook page and like it! Thanks. ;)

Like Easy Casserole Recipes? Try this Mexican Casserole for only 6 WW PP

weight watcher mexican casserole 031

Comments

1. Catie says

This was AMAZING! I made it with ground beef. I added the black beans and a can of green chilies. Then I sprinkled Pampered Chef Chipotle and Mole Seasoning and added it to the meat mixture. Mozz. Cheese was all I had and it turned out so wonderful! Thanks!

2. Wendy says

You say this is Weight Watchers, but you don’t show points. Do you know the points?

3. Amanda says

The biscuits gave it an almost sweet aftertaste; yep, I used plain biscuits. If I were to make this again, I would have to try something different to remedy that.

4. Myra McNeill says

Just made this tonight. Wow…it was delicious! I really wasn’t expecting it to taste like traditional enchiladas….I actually liked this better. I did use the 8 oz. tomato sauce and I added a 4 oz. can of green chilis then garnished it with a few black olives.

5. Melissa says

I have been making this for about a year now and constantly give out the recipe to others. WE LOVE IT. The recipe is easy to adjust and there are a lot of variations that can be made. This is a favorite at my house and I’m getting ready to make the “taco” version now.

If you aren’t using the enchilada sauce from Trader Joe’s — you are missing out. That stuff is the best. GREAT FIND! I get about 3-4 bottles from time to time just to use for this recipe. Oh & for those who like spicy, we almost always shake some crushed red peppers into ours before baking ;)

6. Katie says

This recipe is very yummy and easy to make. I like to add some salt and veggies while browning the turkey. I usually include corn, green peppers, onions and a clove of garlic. Turns out to be a very tasty simple meal! It also tastes good as leftovers too. :)

7. Pam says

I just made this and all I had was croissant rolls …. so I lined the bottom of my pan with rolls then covered with browned hamburger, can of enchilada sauce and a small can of rotel sauce (mild) ……baked….. then added cheese to the top….let it melt …..LOVE IT!!!!!! thanks for sharing…….

8. Jess says

I agree with Katie, people are so rude! If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all! I am trying this recipe tonight and I am sure it’s going to be delicious! Thanks for the recipe :)

9. Emily says

Tried this for supper and it was GREAT…next time will try it with taco seasoning in the ground turkey…thanks for sharing!

10. Dorothy says

My fiancé and I love this dish. The first time I made it I did it exact, and we found it to be lacking something. So I said I would play around with it, since it has to stay point friendly. Well I got it now, I take diced onion, sauté them in a little olive oil, and ground turkey cook till only a little pink, then add Mrs Dash chipotle lime seasoning (I add quite a bit, maybe about 1/4 cup) and can (4oz) of chopped green chilies, then cook the rest of the way. I add in my tomato sauce and enchilada sauce. Finally I add the cut up biscuits to the pot and mix them all in. Then pour in a 9×13 and do 2% Kraft Mexican shredded cheese on top (I love cheese so I usually double the amount it calls for). Once done we top it with a chunky medium salsa and daisy light sour cream! It is amazing!!

11. Minoralf says

I am confused on the directions ! One part says to put biscuits on the bottom of dish and pour meat sauce on top . But then it says to put biscuit s in saucepan mix up and dump in dish ? Which is the correct way ??

12. Alittletoomuch says

I also had trouble getting the biscuits in themiddle to cook, although I did them like a crust as it said with the pictures. I added a can of Mexican corn with black beans and taco seasoning. It took much longer and I had to tent the biscuits on top to keep them from burning. It was still yummy and I love anything that goes into one dish!! Anyone have tips for getting all the biscuits to cook?

13. Sue says

We make a sauce by taking one can of enchilada sauce and equal amounts of brown gravy. I sometimes use a jar, sometimes a packet that I mix with water. We use it for wet burritos or enchiladas.

14. Whitney says

Made this tonight with some changes as suggested by others: added onions to my ground deer (instead of turkey), added chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes to the meat mixture. Added rotel and black beans (rinsed) to the enchilada sauce. It was excellent!! Will defnitely be making again. I didn’t have time to go down to Trader Joes (the closest is about 45 mins away), so I used Kroger brand fire-roasted red enchilada sauce. Quite tasty.

15. Crystal says

I always make this with the mild green chile enchilada sauce. My family of 5 loves it! Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe!

16. rene'e says

I wasn’t sure how I would like this…I just made it and we loved it!!! I took others advice and added green chiles, black beans, onion, cumin – I also used half lean chop meat as well as half italian turkey ground meat. It turned out perfect. I noticed several mentioned about the biscuts, I tossed mine through-out the cooking time so the ones that were on button were brought to the top – this really made a difference. Definitly a keeper! Thank You! 10pt plus – 6 serving, I just did all the calculations with the extras I added

17. Kaitlin says

I came across this recipe some time last year and have been making it regularly since then. It is a definite staple in our house and I love that I can make it ahead of time to either stick it in the oven after work, or make it and freeze it for nights I’m not home to make dinner! Thanks!

18. Brenda says

I made this tonight and it was awesome! Even my picky husband love it. I added black beans and corn. 8-)

19. Valerie says

OMG these were so good! I tweaked the recipe for more flavor. I used chicken breast and then shredded it. Sprinkled a packet of taco seasoning on the chicken. Once chicken was cooked and shredded I added a cup of corn, a cup of black beans, diced green onion, 1/2 a small jar chopped green chiles, 1/2 a small jar diced jalapeños, and then the enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. I also mixed half the cheese (low fat Monterey Jack) into the meat/sauce mixture. The only thing I will do different next time is bake it in the oven for 25 minutes and then top with the remaining cheese and then bake another 10 minutes. This time I topped with the cheese and then baked but my cheese was starting to burn but the biscuits were not quite done. So I will bake it for a bit first before topping with cheese. Soooo good! My man ate 2 giant portions. I served with sour cream and olives. I calculated it on WW and if you cut it into 8 servings its 11 points a serving. But it’s a huge serving. You could certainly cut it into more servings for less points.

20. Susie says

This was soo nummy!! My kids LOVED it, Super easy to make, My daughter enjoyed helping with it. Thanks so much for the Post.

21. Cindy Eggleston says

why don’t you have your recipes printer friendly? I love them but like to print them out but would like to print out just the recipe, not everything on the whole page,
    thanks!

Trackbacks

1. […] ago!, I’ve said that I will have white almond cake on my wedding day! Bubble Up Enchiladas [via] Yes, please! That is all. Creamsicle Float [via] I’m a sucker for a good creamsicle. […]