I updated the photos for this recipe and added a video. 9/12/16
Creamy Italian Chicken was fun make again. I almost forgot about how great this recipe was and it will be on the recipe rotation from now on. The cream of chicken soup and cream cheese makes the most delicious gravy. It is good on top of egg noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, and if you’re low carb use cauliflower mashed potatoes.
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
If you have a Slow Cooker or Instant Pot you can use either one. For Slow Cooker cook on low for 6 hours, take the chicken out and shred. Put the chicken back into the slow cooker and mix that around until the gravy is all covered in it. For the Instant Pot, set the pressure cook time to 20 minutes.
This creamy Italian Chicken recipe is a good example of why you shouldn’t use the nutrition info calculator that WW provides to figure out points for recipes you see online. The chicken is calculated into the nutrition info so of course, it’s going to be wrong. Chicken is a zero point food. The nutrition info gives you 8 points per serving and the recipe builder gives 3 on the blue and purple plan.
Recipe adapted Life as a Loft House
- 3–4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (.7oz) envelope of Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- 20 oz Campbells Condensed 98% Fat-Free Cream of Chicken Soup (2 10oz cans)
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- Egg Noodles or Rice, to serve with
- Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Place the chicken breasts in crock pot, and sprinkle the Italian dressing mix over the top. Pour the cream of chicken soups over chicken, and then spread the cubes of cream cheese evenly over all.
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 6 hours. (OR on High for 3 hours) Remove lid and stir mixture together. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. (If the sauce seems too thick, you can thin it out with a little milk or water)
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked egg noodles or rice. Enjoy
- 3/4 cup serving size for italian chicken (not noodles)
My WW Personal Points: 3 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
If you serve this over noodles or mashed potatoes points will be extra.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Protein: 23
Keywords: creamy italian chicken