weight watcher recipes
I think it’s ok to re-visit your favorite recipes. I’ve had this recipe on my blog once before. I made this using my favorite Enchilada sauce ever. Sure…. I could go and make my own (which I’d like to try someday), but this is so much easier. It’s a very spicy Enchilada sauce and I get at least 2 jars of it, whenever I go to Minneapolis to visit my brother. Sometimes, he’ll even bring me home a whole list of Trader Joe’s stuff that I send to him. Doesn’t he sound like the nicest brother ever?
You can do a lot with this kind of recipe. Instead of enchiladas you could make a chicken pot pie or pizza. Add some beans or corn to the beef mixture to get some more fiber in. I haven’t tried the chicken pot pie or pizza version yet, but I think that might have to be on the menu for next week. A chicken pot pie sounds good right now.
I think this photo is a lot better than what my food photography used to be. See the old version here.
Note: Pictures of recipe instructions updated as of 5/2/2012. I was getting so many questions about the recipe I decided to update the post.
Start off with browning some ground turkey or beef, whichever you prefer.
Open a can of biscuits and cut the biscuits into 4ths, like the picture shows above.
Add in your favorite jar/can of enchilada sauce. Or if you’re feeling up to it make your own. Here you can also add in other ingredients to, like corn or black beans.
Layer your biscuits on the bottom of the dish and spread the biscuits out.
Add in the beef mixture on top of the biscuits.
Then top it with some cheese and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350. Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Nutrition Info: Calories 390 | Fat 11.5g | Carbohydrate 36g | Fiber 2g | Protein 33g
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8oz ) can of tomato sauce (this optional, I do not use this but the recipe says to add it in with the enchilada sauce)
- 1 16 oz can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
- 1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese
- Extra Ingredients
- Green Onions, black olives, salsa, etc.
- Fat Free Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey and drain if needed. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. Then you just dump it all in a greased casserole (I use 8 X 11) and bake for 25 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through. Usually I use a tooth pick to see if the biscuits are done. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t forget to check out my facebook page and like it! Thanks. 😉
Like Easy Casserole Recipes? Try this Mexican Casserole for only 6 WW PP