Individual Microwave Apple Crisp is ready in less than 10 minutes and tastes just like the apple crisp you would bake for hours on end in the oven!
I have absolutely fallen in love with this idea for a couple of reasons.
1. I don’t have to bake a whole 9X13 casserole dish full of apple crisp. It would be a lot to eat for just one person.
2. The flavors are pretty amazing, tastes just like apple crisp and it’s only for one person.
3. I could eat this apple crisp for breakfast. I kid you not! It’s healthy cause it’s got oats, coconut oil, apples, and chopped pecans on top. Does that not sound like apple pie oatmeal to you? I wouldn’t judge you either if you ate this for breakfast.
Apples are my second favorite Fall treat next to pumpkin. Honey Crisp are my favorite. I was kind of ticked off when they had Gala apples on sale this week. I don’t find them to be as good as the Honey Crisp but I got one anyway.
- For the apples
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- ¼ tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- For the Topping
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the apple.
- In another small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the topping. Melt the coconut oil for a couple seconds in the microwave until melted. Pour the coconut oil into the oatmeal mixture and stir together.
- Spray a small ramekin with cooking spray. Place the apple mixture in the ramekin first. Then top with the oatmeal mixture. Microwave for 5 minutes. You can serve this with whipped topping or whatever you like, I didn't bother with any of that cause it's extra points.
Yay this is kind of high in points but just think of all the healthy ingredients in this! Coconut oil and pecans are healthy fats. 🙂