Weight Watcher’s Zero Point Cabbage Soup – You can eat as much of this 0-point Weight Watchers cabbage soup as you like because it’s only 22 calories per serving! More like the whole pot!
I know what you’re thinking. Swim suit season is just around the corner and I haven’t done diddly squat yet. Am I right? Yep, That’s me. I’ve been totally slacking at the gym lately too. I went out and bought some goggles and a swim cap to swim some laps after work, but have I done that yet? No. Well, if you’re being lazy like myself, you are going to love this soup. Eat this soup in place of lunch and dinner for the next week and you are gauranteed to lose 10 pounds. Trust me. This is just vegetable soup and it’s ZERO points, people. C’mon. Well, technically since Weight Watcher’s is doing Smart Points now, I calculated this soup to be 1 point. I would recommend eating it with a sandwich.
I was skeptical of trying this soup mainly because it had cabbage in it. I like cabbage, especially in chow mein noodles at Panda Express. This soup surprised me. If you don’t want to heat up your stove go ahead and make this in your slow cooker. I’d cook it on low for 4 hours. It beats heating up your house and you know you have the air conditioner on all Summer long anyways, so it’s OK to eat soup in the Summer.
Look at how colorful and healthy that soup looks!
- 3 cups nonfat beef broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat vegetable broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat chicken broth (beef is the best)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1⁄2yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini yellow or green
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zuccini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
- I have tried different variations. Leaving out green beans. Adding chopped green onions in addition to the yellow onion.
- All very good. You can customise it a bit.
Smart Points: 1
Points Plus: 0
Products I used for this post: