Picture re-taken on 5/16/15
I’ve noticed a couple of things about the romance novels I’ve been reading lately….
1. Most of the books I’ve read so far, involve 2 guys fighting over a girl. I always feel sorry for the guy who ends up not getting the girl. Can’t they both just get a long?
2. The people on the book cover look totally older than the age they are in the book. The ones on the cover look like they’re in their mid 30’s and the ages in the book mentioned are always 18 or 17 years old.
3. The guy who doesn’t get the girl, will try to come up with some lie about the guy who has the girl’s heart. Like for instance, I always see him with some other females that walk into the guys apartment all the time to make him look like a sleeze ball. If you’re going to win the girl’s heart, don’t lie!
4.The main characters never cook. The guys are so rich they all have chefs cooking for them in their fancy pants kitchen. The way to win over a girl’s heart is by cooking her food! 🙂 Besides, she’s not going to eat for a couple of days anyway after you end up breaking the girls heart. So, why not cook her some of this Lasagna pasta and bring it to her? I’m sure she’ll forgive you in an instance.
This lasagna pasta is full of your favorite lasagna flavors, and it’s so much easier to make than lasagna. I’d rather stir everything together in a pot instead of just layering food on top of food together. Wouldn’t you rather do that? This isn’t a one pot meal either, I wish it was. The original recipe calls for 16 ounces of pasta which is a pound, and I cut back on the noodles and only used a 12 ounce box. The 12 ounce boxes are the normal sizes we normally get in the store. You can use whatever shaped pasta you like. Bowties are so cute and fun. To lighten this recipe up, I used Jeanie-0 lean turkey sausage, light sour cream, and light mozzarella cheese.
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or 3 cups homemade)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup low fat sour cream or 1 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
- Boil pasta in large pot of salted water until al dente, drain. In large skillet, brown and crumble ground chuck until fully cooked, drain fat and return to pan. Pour cooked pasta on top of meat, then drizzle on olive oil. Pour on jar of sauce, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Stir. Add cheese and sour cream. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined. Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve with parmesan or additional mozzarella, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Katie Cooks Dinner
I made the recipe with low fat mozzarella, low fat sour cream, and lean ground turkey sausage from Jeanie-o.
Points Plus: 11
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 9.34
- Fat: 10.54
- Saturated Fat: 3.62
- Carbohydrates: 60.32
- Fiber: 3.2
- Protein: 25.75