This lasagna pasta is full of your favorite lasagna flavors such as pasta, sausage, cheese, and marinara sauce. It can be made in one pot and takes less than 30 minutes to make which is the perfect amount of time to make dinner!
You can serve this dish with a side salad, Texas toast, arugula salad with cherry tomatoes, or my easy cheesy garlic breadstick recipe (which can be found below). This dish is much easier to make than lasagna which requires a bunch of layering.
This dish is a reader favorite and has been pinned 363K times! That is crazy! Read the reviews below and watch the video on how to make it.
- Lean ground beef or 99% fat-free turkey - Is considered better than higher fat options for several reasons. First, it has less saturated fat, which can contribute to heart disease and other health issues. Additionally, it tends to have fewer calories per serving, making it a good option for those watching their weight. The 96% lean ground beef from Aldi is my favorite. Sometimes I use a split between ground beef and Italian Sausge.
- Marinara sauce (or 3 cups homemade) - Store-bought jarred marinara sauce is convenient to have at home for a quick meal like this lasagna pasta. My favorite marinara sauce is always Rao’s because it has all clean ingredients on the back of the ingredients list
- Garlic powder - Is made from dehydrated garlic cloves and like the chili powder above it gets pulverized into a powder or flour consistency.
- Italian seasoning - Is a popular blend of herbs and spices that typically includes a mix of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes garlic powder or dried red pepper flakes.
- Crushed red pepper - are small pieces of dried hot peppers, typically made from cayenne, that are crushed or ground into small flakes.
- Part-skim mozzarella cheese - Reduced-Fat Cheese has a lower calorie count and less saturated fat than regular cheese, but it may also have a different taste and texture. It also helps with keeping the calorie count pretty low for this recipe.
- Sour cream or Plain Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream as well.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Lasagna Pasta
Step 1: Boil pasta in large pot of salted water until al dente, drain.
Step 2: In a large skillet, brown the ground beef or Italian sausage with the onion until fully cooked; drain the fat and return the pan to the stove.
Step 3: Add cooked pasta to skillet on top of meat, then drizzle on olive oil. Add the sauce, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings. Stir. Add cheese and sour cream. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
Step 3: Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve with parmesan or additional mozzarella, if desired.
Variations to Try
- This Lasagna Pasta Recipe calls for ground beef or Italian sausage. I love Italian sausage with this but other types of protein work as well. You can sub ground chicken or ground turkey to lower the points for the dish.
- Store bought marinara sauce is high in points because of added sugar or olive oil. Make your own zero point marinara. I posted this recipe back in 2014 and back then there were no zero point marinara sauce recipes. I've recently developed my own recipe for Basic Marinara Sauce.
- If you make this recipe with 93% lean ground beef, plain greek yogurt, and homemade marinara sauce the smart points would be 10 per serving.
- If you make this recipe with 99% lean ground turkey, plain greek yogurt, and homemade marinara sauce the smart points would be 7 per serving.
- As you can see there are many different ways you can make this!
What to serve with Lasagna Pasta
Lasagna is a delicious and hearty meal that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with other dishes. If you're looking to serve something alongside your lasagna, here are some great options to consider:
- Air Fryer Garlic bread: This classic Italian side dish is a perfect complement to lasagna. It's easy to make and can be served warm and crispy.
- Salad: A fresh salad can help cut through the richness of the lasagna. Just a bag of Ceasar salad from the store is fine.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasting vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers can add a great depth of flavor to your meal.
- My recipe for Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks are a popular Italian side dish that can be served alongside lasagna.
- Antipasto platter: If you're looking to serve a variety of dishes, consider putting together an antipasto platter with cured meats, cheeses, olives, and other small bites.
If you tried this Lasagna Pasta or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
This lasagna pasta is full of your favorite lasagna flavors such as pasta, sausage, cheese, and marinara sauce. The whole dish comes together in under 30 minutes and it only requires one pot!
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef or 99% fat-free turkey
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or 3 cups homemade)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream or 1 cup plain greek yogurt.
- Boil pasta in large pot of salted water until al dente, drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain fat and return to pan.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet on top of the meat. Add the sauce, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and stir. Add cheese and sour cream. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve with parmesan or additional mozzarella, if desired.
- Divide into 8 equal portions or 1 heaping cup per serving
My WW Personal Points: 13 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 9.34
- Fat: 10.54
- Saturated Fat: 3.62
- Carbohydrates: 60.32
- Fiber: 3.2
- Protein: 25.75
Keywords: buffalo chicken baked ziti