Holy crapola, is it ever WINDY today. I swear, Fargo should be named the Windy City instead of Chicago. The forecast called for blowing dust, and this area would be a good fit for one of those Old Fashion Western films. We haven’t had any rain in awhile here and it is so dry, we need it terribly. Pretty soon we’ll start seeing tumbleweeds flying by our houses. My allergies are going bonkers and that doesn’t mix well with my asthma.
The pasta is cooked in one pot. It almost reminds me of those Lipton noodle packets you can get at the store. I used to get the creamy garlic one all the time and this dish is a lot like that with a lot less sodium. First you cook the garlic in the pan, and then add the milk and chicken stock. While the noodles are cooking away, the garlic flavors them, so in the end you have rich and creamy buttery garlic noodles. Without hardly any work done at all!
I forgot to mention, I have a new mail service set up. You might see a pop up window for that, but if you don’t want to sign up for it feel free to exit out of that. Now, I just have to figure out how to to add all my emails that I collected through feedburner and find out how to send the emails. That would be good to know huh?
One Pot Three Cheese Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk, or more, as needed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of Three Cheese Blend Mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, butter and fettuccine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked through, about 18-20 minutes. Stir in cheese. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Smart Points: 8, Makes 6 servings
Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 10