This weekend went by so fast and can you believe next weekend is already Memorial Day weekend?! Does anybody else find it weird, that Memorial Day is a week early this year? I’m so used to it being the last weekend in May. It’s been so shitty cold and rainy here lately. Today, there was sleet. I kid you not. In the middle of May for crine out loud. It’s only in the 30’s and it better start warming up again. Since Memorial Day is this coming weekend, everybody will be getting out their grill and probably grilling burgers. Like these Cheese Curd Burgers!
This burger was inspired by a burger that I had at Lucky 13’s in Fargo, ND. This burger is ridiculous too. It was topped with cheese curds and crispy ham. I could feel my arteries clogging when eating it too. Who doesn’t love cheese curds? They’re my favorite thing to get at the fair, and to put them on top of burger, with some crispy ham? MMmm, this burger was the size of my head and I felt like I was Guy Fieri trying to eat a bite of it on Food Network. I couldn’t get my mouth around the whole thing. At least the lettuce is healthy, right?
The bun at Lucky 13’s was just a plain old hamburger bun. I decided to use a pretzel bun for this.Print
CHEESE CURD BURGER
- 4 burger patties (made with 93% lean ground beef)
- 4 lite hamburger buns
- ice berg lettuce, 4 slices
- 10 slices of thinly sliced deli ham
- 18 cheese curds
- ketchup for topping
- Grill burgers until done.
- While the burgers are grilling cook the ham in a skillet until warm. Also cook the cheesecurds in the oven. I just used some store bought cheese curds.
- Top the burgers with the crispy warm ham, and cheese curds, and try to fit it in your mouth!
Smart Points: 13
- Serving Size: 1 burger