This post is sponsored by Jennie-O Turkey. Their oven ready turkey breasts are great for cooking around the Holidays!
This week is going to be all about Thanksgiving on this blog. My plan is to master all the Thanksgiving sides and cooking a turkey. In this case it's a turkey breast. Turkey breasts are great for a smaller crowd and they are also great for smoking. Many years in the past for Thanksgiving, I've done a smoked turkey breast. Try out this recipe for Apple Wood Smoked Turkey Breast.
Stuffing is quite easy to master and the basic ingredients for stuffing are bread, onions, celery, poultry seasoning, chicken stock, and an egg to bind it all together. From there, you can change up the type of bread you use or add just about any Fall-ish type ingredient that you can think of like butternut squash, dried cranberries, bacon, sausage. Just add what you like!
Spread out that turkey breast onto a cutting board and pound it out with a rolling pin until almost a ½ inch thick. Spread out the stuffing onto the turkey breast and roll that turkey breast. It's a very similar process to making cinnamon rolls. Start on one side and roll out the turkey breast. Lay some strips of bacon on another cutting board and then place the turkey breast in the middle of the bacon. You can then wrap the bacon strips around the turkey breast however you like and I've seen some people even try the famous bacon weave. Meh, I like it simple and easy.Print
- 1 Jennie-O Oven Ready Turkey Breast - thawed
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 baguettes, country, or sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided, plus more for buttering baking dish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp of poultry seasoning
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add onion and celery and cook until soft and fragrant, 8 minutes. Stir in poultry seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in remaining 5 tablespoons butter and parsley.
- Place bread in a large bowl and add skillet mixture and chicken broth.
- Take the turkey breast and add some plastic wrap on the top. Using a rolling pin, pound out the turkey breast so that it's now ½ inch thick on each side.
- Spread the stuffing mixture on top of the turkey breast and then roll it up. This is kind of like the same process as making cinnamon rolls.
- Place 8 strips of bacon on a baking sheet and place the rolled up turkey breast on top of the bacon. Wrap the bacon around the turkey breast however you like. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for an hour and 30 minutes or until the turkey breast is cooked through.
myWW points: Blue Points: 5; Green Points:12; Purple Points: 5
- Serving Size: 1 slice of turkey breast
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Protein: 42