These baked oats are just like eating dessert for breakfast. When the oats come out of the oven it almost looked like a chocolate chip cookie. After trying baked oats this way I could eat them every day for breakfast now!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
As an adult I never liked oatmeal. It was a texture issue but his baked oatmeal has completely changed my mind because it is like eating cake for breakfast!.
The chocolate chips get a little melted in the oven and melted peanut butter is so good drizzled on the top!
This is a good base recipe to make baked oats and it is easy to change it up and add in whatever you like.
This recipe is completely dairy-free. I chose to use a recipe that didn’t call for bananas and no eggs.
Ingredients for Baked Oats
- Oats - I used rolled oats but any type of oatmeal will work for this. Using a blender will help the oats turn into oat flour.
- Almond Milk - Have a nut allergy use any milk substitute that works for you!
- Maple Syrup - This is for sweetness. I have not tried this using other sugar substitutes.
- PB2 - PB2 helps to keep the WW points lower but if you love regular peanut butter that works as well. If you are allergic to peanut butter use other nut butters that work for you.
- Chocolate Chips - Sub sugar-free chocolate chips, raisins, blueberries, or whatever you like. Peanut butter and chocolate are just a great combo that works well together.
- Baking powder - helps the batter rise
How to Make Baked Oats
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Minus the PB2 powder. That is the topping for later.
Step 3: Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin or 8 oz round ramekin.
Step 4: Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Best served warmed.
Baked Oats Tips
Insert a tooth into the baked oats. If the tooth pick comes out clean then they are done.
If you double this recipe it can be baked in a baking dish to serve more people.
Jumbo muffin pans or ramekins can be used for as a serving dish.
For a smoother batter puree the oatmeal mixture without the chocolate chips in a blender until smooth. Pour the batter into a muffin tin or 8 oz round ramekin. Then top with chocolate chips.
Variations for Baked Oats
For some chocolate flavor add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder while making the batter. Fairlife chocolate milk would also be a good addition to this oatmeal.
Add in any fresh fruit like blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
Add in some protein powder for an extra boost in protein.
What can I serve this recipe?
- Make some scrambled eggs and sausages if you are eating this for breakfast. This is one of my favorite 5 Ingredient Breakfast Casserole Recipes.
- Make some Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs or an Air Fryer Omelette to go on the side for some extra protein.
- Starches: Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
Steel cut oats are much thicker than rolled oats and will not blend well in this batter. They will not give you that cake-like consistency.
You can make this recipe a complete nutritious meal. Oatmeal has a lot of fiber in it already but try adding chia seeds, fresh berries. Nut butters will provide a healthy fat option and add more protein to the oatmeal. Protein powder will also provide more protein to make it a balanced breakfast.
Baked oatmeal can last in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Other Tiktok Recipes to Try
If you tried this Baked Oats Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
These baked oats are just like eating dessert for breakfast. When the oats come out of the oven it almost looked like a chocolate chip cookie.
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of PB2 powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin or 8 oz round ramekin.
- Blender: For a smoother batter puree the oatmeal mixture without the chocolate chips in a blender until smooth. Pour the batter into a muffin tin or 8 oz round ramekin. Then top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Best served warmed.
My WW Personal Points: 7 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
If you want a smoother batter consistency blend the oats before in a food processor or blender.
Grease the ramekin with cooking spray before adding in the oats. The oats can get really sticky.
- Category: Esy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 297mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: baked oats