I saw @coolketocouple on Tiktok make these stuffed sausages and absolutely loved them so I thought I’d share them! It’s a simple 3 ingredient recipe that uses Italian sausage, string cheese, and marinara sauce. The Italian seasoning is optional depending on how flavorful your Italian sausages are.
Tips for Stuffed Sausages
- Add Peppers and Onions for some vegetables
- Rao’s Marinara sauce is my favorite marinara sauce (not sponsored). I get it at Costco since it is cheaper there than buying it at a grocery store. I love it because it is one of the cleanest marinara sauces on the market and low carb as well.
- Make this recipe in a Smoker or Grill when the weather starts to get warmer. Use an aluminum pan for easy cleanup.
- Use your own homemade marinara sauce if you don’t want to buy storebought.
- You do not need to cover the dish with foil in the oven.
Ingredients Stuffed Sausages
Sausage - Mild or Hot. If you are on WW use a low-fat sausage like chicken turkey.
String Cheese - Any type of cheese will work here if you don’t have string cheese on hand. Use shredded or cut the cheese yourself. The string cheese just fits really nicely into the slits that you make.
Italian Seasoning - Sprinkle generously over the sausages and on top of the sauce.
Marinara Sauce - I like to use Rao’s marinara sauce but any brand of store-bought sauce will work for this recipe. If you have your own use homemade. ½ cup is 3 points on WW (all 3 plans). Check out my Zero point marinara sauce recipe here.
FYI: The points do not change at all if you use a zero point sauce.
How to make Italian Stuffed Sausages
For the full recipe, please see the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cut down the middle of each sausage with a knife but not all the way through. You do not need to remove the casing on the sausages.
Place a piece of string cheese inside the cut, then place the sausages inside a greased pan.
Sprinkle the sausages with Italian seasoning.
Pour a jar of your favorite marinara sauce over the stuffed sausages.
Bake 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, uncovered.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Stuffed Italian Sausages or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
Stuffed Italian Sausage is a simple 3 ingredient recipe that uses Italian sausage, string cheese, and marinara sauce.
- 5 Italian Turkey Sausages (Mild or Hot)
- 5 Lite Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite Marinara Sauce (I like Rao’s)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut down the middle of each sausage with a knife but not all the way through. You do not need to remove the casing on the sausages.
- Place a piece of string cheese inside the cut, then place the sausages inside a greased pan.
- Sprinkle the sausages with Italian seasoning.
- Pour a jar of your favorite marinara sauce over the stuffed sausages. Bake 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, uncovered.
myWW points: blue 6; green 6; purple 6 (WW recipe builder)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sausage
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: stuffed italian sausage