These Stuffed Italian Sausages and absolutely loved them so I thought I’d share them! It’s a simple 3 ingredient recipe that uses Italian sausage, string cheese, and marinara sauce. The Italian seasoning is optional depending on how flavorful your Italian sausages are.
I saw @coolketocouple on Tiktok make these and had to try them!
Tips for Stuffed Sausages
- Great news, if you're on a Keto diet these are very net carb or low carb friendly!
- Add Peppers and Onions for some vegetables
- Garnish with some fresh parsley, parmesan cheese, fresh basil, or red pepper flakes for some heat
- Rao’s Marinara sauce is my favorite marinara sauce (not sponsored). I get it at Costco since it is cheaper there than buying it at a grocery store. I love it because it is one of the cleanest marinara sauces on the market and low carb as well.
- Make this recipe in a Smoker or Grill when the weather starts to get warmer. Use an aluminum pan for easy cleanup.
- Use your own homemade marinara sauce if you don’t want to buy storebought.
- You do not need to cover the dish with foil in the oven.
Ingredients Stuffed Sausages
Sausage - Mild or Hot. If you are on WW use a low-fat sausage like chicken turkey.
String Cheese - Any type of cheese will work here if you don’t have string cheese on hand. Use shredded or cut the cheese yourself. The string cheese just fits really nicely into the slits that you make.
Italian Seasoning - Sprinkle generously over the sausages and on top of the sauce.
Marinara Sauce - I like to use Rao’s marinara sauce but any brand of store-bought sauce will work for this recipe. If you have your own use homemade. ½ cup is 3 points on WW (all 3 plans). Check out my Zero point marinara sauce recipe here.
FYI: The points do not change at all if you use a zero point sauce.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Italian Stuffed Sausages
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cut down the middle of each sausage with a knife but not all the way through. You do not need to remove the casing on the sausages.
Place a piece of string cheese inside the cut, then place the sausages inside a greased pan.
Sprinkle the sausages with Italian seasoning.
Pour a jar of your favorite marinara sauce over the stuffed sausages.
Bake 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, uncovered.
What to serve with Italian Sausage?
- Grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and zucchini make a great side dish for Italian sausages.
- Italian sausages are a classic ingredient in pasta dishes such as spaghetti with sausage and marinara sauce or penne with sausage and peppers. Serve with a side salad or Air Fryer Garlic Bread for a complete meal.
- Ina Garten's Garlic Roasted Potatoes or Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes are a great side dish for Italian sausages. You can also try making Italian-style roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary for a flavorful twist.
- A simple salad of mixed greens with a light vinaigrette can be a refreshing complement to the rich flavor of Italian sausages. Add some cherry tomatoes.
An Italian sausage is called "salsiccia" in Italian. It is a type of pork sausage that is seasoned with a variety of herbs and spices, such as fennel, garlic, and paprika. Italian sausages are often used in a variety of Italian dishes, including pasta dishes, sandwiches, and pizzas. They can be cooked in a variety of ways, including grilling, frying, or baking. Italian sausages are popular not only in Italy but also in other parts of the world, where they are enjoyed for their unique and flavorful taste.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Stuffed Italian Sausages or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Stuffed Italian Sausage is a simple 3 ingredient recipe that uses Italian sausage, string cheese, and marinara sauce.
- 5 Italian Turkey Sausages (Mild or Hot)
- 5 Lite Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite Marinara Sauce (I like Rao’s)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut down the middle of each sausage with a knife but not all the way through. You do not need to remove the casing on the sausages.
- Place a piece of string cheese inside the cut, then place the sausages inside a greased pan.
- Sprinkle the sausages with Italian seasoning.
- Pour a jar of your favorite marinara sauce over the stuffed sausages. Bake 350 for 40 to 45 minutes, uncovered.
myWW points: blue 6; green 6; purple 6 (WW recipe builder)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sausage
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: stuffed italian sausage