I have been craving pizza lately, and not the cauliflower pizza crust that everyone has been raving about lately. Ew… I’d rather have a real pizza crust and I thought pitas would be a healthier way to lighten up pizza.
When I worked at the dining center back in good old college days, I’d be one making pita pizzas in the back of the kitchen. They would have Greek, pepperoni, meat, etc…. All were very good. Being a Cooks’ Assistant or helper was one of my most favorite jobs ever. Some recipes on this site have been inspired from that past job like this pita pizza.
The pita that I found was a low carb, higher fiber pita with only 60 calorie and 2 grams of fat. The brand is Joseph’s Pita. I used store-bought alfredo sauce from Trader Joe’s and shredded rotisserie chicken to make these pizzas super fast and easy to make. All they take is 8 minutes in the oven. If you want a really crispy crust, bake the pitas in a 400 degree for about 7 minutes. You can top pitas with pretty much whatever ingredient you want.Print
- 1 Joseph’s Pita, oat bran, and whole wheat flour
- 1/8 cup of Classico Light Alfredo Sauce
- 2 oz lite mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of alfredo sauce on top of pita, 2 tablespoons of shredded chicken, and top with cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pita is crispy.
- Serving size for 1 pita
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and pepper. (optional)
myWW points: Blue Points: 11; Green Points: 11; Purple Points: 11
- Serving Size: 1 pita pizza
points plus: 5