I have been craving pizza lately, and not the cauliflower pizza crust that everyone has been raving abou. Ew... I'd rather have a real pizza crust and I thought pitas would be a healthier way to lighten up pizza.
When I worked at the dining center back in good old college days, I'd be one making pita pizzas in the back of the kitchen. They would have Greek, pepperoni, meat, etc.... All were very good. Being a Cooks' Assistant or helper was one of my most favorite jobs ever. Some recipes on this site have been inspired from that past job like this pita pizza.
What Ingredients do I need?
Pita Bread - The pita that I found was low carb, higher fiber pita with only 60 calories and 2 grams of fat. The brand is Joseph's Pita.
Alfredo Sauce - I used store-bought alfredo sauce from Trader Joe's
Chicken - shredded rotisserie chicken to make these pizzas super fast and easy to make.
Cheese - lite or part-skim mozzarella
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Pizzas
All they take is 8 minutes in the oven after they are assembled. If you want a really crispy crust, bake the pitas in a 400 degree for about 7 minutes. You can top pitas with pretty much whatever ingredient you want.
Set the time for 4 minutes in the air fryer at 350 degrees.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it Pinterest.Print
- 1 Joseph's Pita, oat bran, and whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons Classico Light Alfredo Sauce
- 2 oz part skim mozzarella cheese or reduced fat colby jack cheese
- ¼ cup of Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the alfredo sauce on top of the pita. Top with shredded chicken and cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pita is crispy.
- Serving size for 1 pita pizza
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and pepper. (optional)
myWW points: Blue 7; Green 9; Purple 7
- Serving Size: 1 pita pizza
points plus: 5