Baked Chicken Parmesan is a lighter version of the classic. I skip out on the noodles to avoid all those extra carbs and not use a ton of marinara sauce on top. Instead of frying the chicken you bake it in the oven. Have a side of steamed broccoli or green beans as a side.
I am a fan of any type of breaded chicken for dinner now. Now that I know how to get the bread crumbs to stick. I’ve tried other recipes before and the bread crumbs just wouldn’t stick to the chicken. It also helps to use a cooling rack on top of your pan while the chicken cooks in the oven to help both of the sides of chicken to turn brown. Also bake at a high temp like around 400 to 450 degrees to help the breadcrumbs turn brown.Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, split in half
- 3/4 cup of panko bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of Marinara Sauce (store bought)
- Basil for garnish
- 4 Fresh Mozzarella Slices
- Preheat Oven to 450.
- Split each chicken breast in half. In a bowl combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs and then into the bread crumb mixture and lay on a sheet pan with a cooling rack.
- Repeat this process 4 times.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray, and cook the chicken at 450 for 20 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce on each piece of chicken and some cheese and place the chicken back into the pan until the cheese is melted. Garnish with freshly chopped basil.
Weight Watcher Points: 5
Smart Points: 5
Points Calculated without cheese
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 8.31g
- Carbohydrates: 7.07g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 27.3g