Baked Chicken Parmesan is a lighter version of the classic. I skip out on the noodles to avoid all those extra carbs and not use a ton of marinara sauce on top. Instead of frying the chicken you bake it in the oven. Have a side of steamed broccoli or green beans as a side.
I am a fan of any type of breaded chicken for dinner now. Now that I know how to get the bread crumbs to stick. I’ve tried other recipes before and the bread crumbs just wouldn’t stick to the chicken. It also helps to use a cooling rack on top of your pan while the chicken cooks in the oven to help both of the sides of chicken to turn brown. Also bake at a high temp like around 400 to 450 degrees to help the breadcrumbs turn brown.Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, split in half
- 3/4 cup of panko bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of Marinara Sauce (store bought)
- Basil for garnish
- 4 Fresh Mozzarella Slices
- Preheat Oven to 450.
- Split each chicken breast in half. In a bowl combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the eggs and then into the bread crumb mixture and lay on a sheet pan with a cooling rack.
- Repeat this process 4 times.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray, and cook the chicken at 450 for 20 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce on each piece of chicken and some cheese and place the chicken back into the pan until the cheese is melted. Garnish with freshly chopped basil.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast + 2 tablespoons of mainara sauce.
myWW points: Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 7; Purple Points: 5
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 8.31g
- Carbohydrates: 7.07g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 27.3g