Air fryer pizzas made with pita bread are a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional pizza. The pita bread acts as a perfect crust, becoming crispy and golden brown in the air fryer.
The air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Check out some of these recipes! Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan, Air Fryer Oreos with Crescent Roll Dough, Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, and Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Add your favorite pizza toppings, such as tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables, and meats, and cook in the air fryer for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the toppings are cooked to your liking.
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, and the best part is that it's ready in just a few minutes with minimal cleanup.
The pizzas are also ready in under 10 minutes!
- Pita Bread - Pita bread is a type of round, flat bread that is commonly consumed in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. I like to use Joseph's Pita bread cause it's low in calories. I also love using smaller slices of Naan bread or Mini Pizza crusts for this. They fit perfectly in the air fryer. Aldi or Target has them next to the marinara sauces.
- Pizza sauce - Or a store-bought Marinara sauce such as Raos. Since sharing this recipe, I now have my own Basic Marinara Sauce Recipe.
- Part skim mozzarella cheese - Reduced-Fat Cheese has a lower calorie count and less saturated fat than regular cheese, but it may also have a different taste and texture. It also helps with keeping the calorie count pretty low for this recipe.
- Turkey Pepperoni - 6 to 8 slices
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Air Fryer Pepperoni Pita Pizza
Step 1: Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Place 1 pita bread in your air fryer. Top the pitta with pizza sauce, cheese, and turkey pepperoni. Air Fry for 6 minutes.
Serving size: 1 pita pizza.
Recipe Note: pepperoni likes to fly around in the air fryer. You might have to put them back in the places they were found. 🙂
Tips for using Air Fryers
The air fryer is so great for cooking simple basic food like air fryer steak, air fryer hard-boiled eggs, and air fryer bacon. Cook up some air fryer chicken breasts for the week and use it chicken quesadillas.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Place items in a single layer in the air fryer basket or some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
Use a spray oil such as Pam to get food extra crispy and to save on calories.
Use parchment paper on the bottom of your air fryer for easy clean up.
Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual.
More Great Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
If you tried this Air Fryer Pepperoni Pita Pizza or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Quick and easy pizzas made in the air fryer
- 1 Josephs' Pita Bread 60 calorie
- 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce
- 1 oz of part skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices of Turkey Pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 1 pita bread in your air fryer. Top the pitta with pizza sauce, cheese, and turkey pepperoni. Air Fry for 6 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 pita pizza.
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 4; Purple 4
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 597mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: air fryer pepperoni pita pizza