Weight Watchers Shredded Chicken Tacos has 3 simple ingredients thats made in your slow cooker, for a fast and kid friendly weeknight meal!
Well guys, today I decided to kick my lazy cooking habits out the window and make some chicken tacos. Dinner came together pretty fast, all I had to do was chop the vegetables. This recipe is so very versatile and you can do a lot with the leftover shredded chicken. You could make quesadillas, a taco salad, more chicken tacos, nachos, you name it. Burritos even.
I found a recipe for vegan nacho cheese sauce, that I'm tempted to try this weekend. Yes, me try a vegan recipe. That is unheard of. I went to the grocery store just wanting to buy some softshell tacos and tomatoes for my tacos. Walked out with two avocados, two boxes of orzo(it was on sale) and some raw cashews. Going to try making dairy free peanut butter cheesecake this weekend. Don't ever go to the grocery store on an empty stomach I guess?
Why You Will Like This Recipe
Shredded chicken tacos are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed by anyone. To start, you will need to cook some chicken breasts until they are fully cooked. Once the chicken is cooked, shred it with a fork or chop it into small pieces.
The shredded chicken is so versatile it can be used in many other dishes like quesadillas or in casseroles.
- Taco seasoning - Is a blend of spices used to flavor ground beef or other meats for use in tacos. It typically includes a combination of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and sometimes salt and pepper.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves - They’re lean and quick-cooking and always come out juicy and tender. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the chicken is not over cooked.
- Fat free salsa - Use your favorite store-bought or homemade salsa!
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Shredded Chicken Tacos
Step 1: Place the chicken breast on the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top of the chicken, and then pour the salsa over the chicken breasts.
Step 2: Cook on low for 6-8 hours, and then shred with a fork.
What can I serve with tacos?
Tacos are a delicious and versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides to create a complete meal. Here are some ideas for sides that would complement your tacos:
- Rice and Beans: A classic and easy side dish, a serving of rice and beans is a perfect way to add some protein and fiber to your meal.
- Alton Brown's Guacamole Recipe and Air Fryer Tortilla Chips: A creamy and flavorful guacamole pairs perfectly with spicy tacos. Serve with some tortilla chips for a satisfying crunch.
- Corn Salad: A refreshing and colorful side dish, corn salad is a great way to incorporate some veggies into your meal. Combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro for a delicious salad that will complement your tacos.
- Smoked Salsa: The vegetables for this salsa is smoked on the grill for even more added flavor.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and zucchini are a healthy and flavorful addition to your taco meal. Simply toss them with some olive oil and seasonings, and grill them until tender and slightly charred.
Other Recipes to Try
If you tried this Shredded Chicken Tacos any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Weight Watchers Shredded Chicken Tacos has four simple ingredients thats made in your slow cooker, for a fast and kid friendly weeknight meal!
- 1 1oz packet taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves
- 1 cup fat free salsa
- Place the chicken breast on the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top of the chicken, and then pour the salsa over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, and then shred with a fork.
WW Points: 0
The serving size can be changed up a bit. I used about ¼ cup on two tacos and there was still plenty leftover. Nutrition info does include taco shells.
- Category: easy
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 1
- Saturated Fat: 1.5
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 27
Keywords: Shredded Chicken Tacos