Since the Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are doing so well on this blog(hope I don’t jinx that), I decided to make the Jalapeno Popper Taquitos.
I never used to like jalapenos. I one time got one in my eye and it wasn’t any fun. Tried to get the nasty burn out of my eye for probably an hour. Wet wash cloths are good for that. I decided in the future, I’ll just use the already canned ones. Then I don’t have to bother chopping them at all. Much, much easier.
These taquitos are stuffed with cream cheese, cheese, jalapenos and for a little spice some cumin and garlic powder. Add in as much jalapenos as you like. If you’re a fan of jalapeno poppers then you will love these taquitos!Print
Cheesy Chicken Jalapeno Popper Taquitos
- 3-4 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- ⅓ cup jarred sliced jalapeños, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 16 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
- 1½ cups light shredded monterey jack cheese
- Add chicken, ½ cup water, cream cheese, chopped jalapeños, garlic powder, salt, and cumin to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, preheat the oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
- Shred chicken in the slow cooker and stir to mix well.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them up (easier to roll).
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken filling. Top with a sprinkle of your shredded cheese. Roll tortillas tightly into a cigar-shaped taquito.
- Place taquitos on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes until cheese is melted and tortillas begin to brown.
- If you’d prefer a crispier taquito, broil them for a couple of minutes, just be careful not to let them burn.
- Serve garnished with minced cilantro, diced avocado and avocado cilantro ranch dressing
Recipe adapted from the Chunky Chef
This recipe makes a total of 16 taquitos. 1 flour taquito stuffed is 5 WWP+
5 smart points per taquito
Disclaimer: Points and nutrition value figured out using Weight Watcher’s Online Points Plus Calculator and myfitnesspal.com. I try to figure out points as accurate and close as I can.
- Serving Size: 1 taquito
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 8