Recipe recently updated on 2/1/2021. The recipe before used 2 ripe bananas but that wasn’t the right consistency. Changed to 1 medium ripe banana.
These Banana Oat Energy bites are an easy no bake treat., There’s a little bit of protein from the peanut butter and ground flax seed (which I store in my freezer and just scoop it out whenever I need it) to help keep you going until Dinner or Lunch. All you do, is mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a spatual and then scoop them out onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours. Anybody that doesn’t know how to cook can do that. It’s also a great way of using over ripe bananas. Since the temp is only 10 degrees right now, I just popped these outside for a bit until they hardened up. Don’t let them stay out there too long. That’s one thing nice about having an outdoor patio that can also double as a freezer during the Winter time. 🙂
Ok, someone tell me if the Smart Points are right for this recipe. The bananas would be 0 since they are a fruit, so I only calculated the rest of the ingredients. Is that right? My understanding with the new Smart Points system is when you figure out a recipe the fruit is now zero points.Print
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of flax seeds
- Mash up the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rolled oats, almond butter, honey, miniature chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, allowing the oats enough time to soften.
- Store the energy bites in the refrigerator.
- Serving size: 1 banana bite.
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 4; Purple 3
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
I used a small ice cream scoop to measure these out.
- Serving Size: 1 banana bite
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 2.67
- Fat: 2.63
- Carbohydrates: 8.86
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1.56