Beef stir fry is super easy to make on a Blackstone Griddle. Stir fry recipes are a fun way to use up leftover vegetables sitting in the fridge or pantry and the choice of protein can be endless as well.
One of my goals this year is to eat a better-balanced meal. That includes having carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and fat. Stir fry recipes are great for getting all that in, in one meal. When you eat all these foods together it helps keep you fuller longer and helps prevent mindless snacking in the afternoon. Stir fry recipes are also good for low point WW friendly meals. Just reduce the amount of oil and use a zero-point protein.
- Sirloin steak, (thinly sliced) is a popular cut of beef that is known for its tenderness and rich flavor. It comes from the area just above the rear leg of the cow and can be found in most supermarkets and butcher shops.
- Vegetable oil is a type of oil derived from plant sources, such as seeds, nuts, or fruits. It is commonly used in cooking and baking due to its neutral flavor and high smoke point.
- Vegetables: Scallions, Carrot, Onion
- Garlic cloves, minced - Chopped fresh garlic can take some time to chop so I often always use the freshly minced garlic that comes already made in a jar.
- Ginger, grated - I like to get the freshly grated ginger that comes in a squeeze bottle. It keeps well in the fridge.
- Soy sauce - Use a Low Sodium or if you don’t have that on hand go for Tamari or Coconut Amino Acids
- Hoisin sauce is a thick, fragrant sauce commonly used in Chinese cuisine. It is made from a blend of soybeans, garlic, vinegar, chili peppers, and other seasonings.Honey - Always go for a raw honey and one that is unfiltered. Preferably locally sourced.
- Steamed rice, for serving
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make Beef Stir Fry
Preheat the Blackstone griddle to high heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, cornstarch, and water. Set aside.
Season the sliced steak with salt and pepper.
Add the vegetable oil to the blackstone griddle and swirl to coat.
Add the sliced steak to the griddle and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the steak from the griddle and set aside.
Add the onions, carrots, and scallions to the griddle and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Return the cooked steak to the griddle and add the sauce mixture.
Stir everything together and cook until the sauce has thickened and the beef is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
Serve the beef stir fry over steamed rice.
What to serve with beef stir fry?
Beef stir fry is a delicious and versatile dish that can be paired with a variety of sides to create a well-rounded meal. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with beef stir fry:
- Steamed Rice: Rice is a classic pairing for stir fry, and it's an easy and filling side dish. Opt for brown rice for a healthier option. I just like to get those 90 second microwave rice packets from Target.
- Roasted vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, and carrots are a great way to add some color and nutrition to your meal.
- Stir fry noodles or lo mein are a great option to serve alongside beef stir fry. They are filling and delicious.
- A green salad with a light dressing is a refreshing complement to the rich flavors of beef stir fry.
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls or Spring rolls or egg rolls are a crunchy and flavorful appetizer that can be served alongside beef stir fry.
Other Recipes To Try
If you tried this Blackstone Beef Stir Fry or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Beef stir fry recipe made of flank stank and served over rice.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 scallions, cut into match sticks
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Preheat the Blackstone griddle to high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, cornstarch, and water. Set aside.
- Season the sliced steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable oil to the blackstone griddle and swirl to coat.
- Add the sliced steak to the griddle and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the steak from the griddle and set aside.
- Add the onions, carrots, and scallions to the griddle and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Return the cooked steak to the griddle and add the sauce mixture.
- Stir everything together and cook until the sauce has thickened and the beef is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the beef stir fry over steamed rice.
myWW points: Blue 8; Green 8; Purple 8
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 2.33
- Sodium: 911
- Fat: 3.85
- Saturated Fat: 1.39
- Carbohydrates: 9.55
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 11.56
Keywords: beef stir fry