Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza - a dessert pizza you will want to make all year around and not just in the Fall when apples are in season!
This is a recipe I posted way back in 2014 and ever since the 2ID recipe was rediscovered, I've been wanting to go back and re-make some of my older recipes like this caramel apple crisp pizza more weight watcher friendly. You see, the original recipe called for 2 sticks of butter, a lot of brown sugar and and an unhealthy pizza crust. In order to make this recipe lighter, I used a recipe for Apple Crisp that I had on this site already, and the pizza crust for 2ID. Apple Crisp on top of pizza? HELLO!!!!! Dessert pizza will be your new fav if it already isn't. I used a red variety of apples but I'm sure honey crisp or any other type of apple would be fine. Even green apples. The sauce used to drizzle over the top of the pizza was just sugar free caramel sauce. Learn how to make the recipe and watch the video below.
My obsession with dessert type pizzas goes back to the Pizza Ranch. They have really awesome dessert pizzas there and my favorite was this struessel topping pizza and it had a frosting drizzled on top that, that was to die for. I just love dessert type pizzas and now with this 2ID dough recipe it is easier to make them more WW friendly. 🙂
- 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
For the Cooked Apples:
- 2 apples diced, I used Ruby Red but I think honey crisp would be really good
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of flour
- ½ cup of oats
- 3 tablespoons of light butter
- For the Caramel Sauce: I used Smuckers Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400..
- In a saucepan combine the apples with the cinnamon and cook on medium-high heat until the apples are cooked through. About 5- 7 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, make the streusel topping. In a bowl, combine flour, sugars, oats, and butter until the butter looks like the size of a pea.
- Spread out the pizza dough on a pizza pan. Once the apples are done, top the pizza dough with the cooked apples and then the streusel topping. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take the pizza out and cut it into 8 equal slices. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
myWW points: Blue 4; Green 4; Purple 4
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 214
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: caramel apple crisp pizza