If you're looking for a delicious and easy dessert option, look no further than crustless strawberry pie! This dessert is perfect for those who want something sweet but don't feel like making a traditional pie crust. Plus, it's a great option for those who are gluten-free or watching their carbohydrate intake.
Most people come to this site for WW recipes but I do have a few low carb recipes on here as well. I like to give people options and I also do get tired of making WW recipes every now and then. That is why I will sometimes post Grilling and Smoker recipes on this blog during the Summertime along with drink recipes. I'm not trying to turn people off by doing that but I will also try to add in smart points and calories if I feel the recipe is fit for that!
Why You Will Like This Recipe
One of the great things about crustless strawberry pie is how versatile it is. You can easily customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences. For example, you can add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the filling for an extra tangy flavor. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the whipped cream for a delicious vanilla flavor.
If you're looking for a healthier option, you can reduce the amount of sugar in the filling or use a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. You can also use a lower-fat whipped cream or skip the topping altogether.
Ingredients for Crustless Strawberry Pie
I just recently had to update this recipe because it is hard finding Cook and Serve style pudding in the stores now.
- Strawberry jello - It is a gelatin-based dessert that is made by mixing boiling water with strawberry flavored gelatin powder and then allowing it to cool and set.
- Cornstarch - This is to help thicken the sauce.
- Sugar - Or regular granulated sugar, I do not use sugar substitutes in any of my recipes but if you know the conversions feel free to do so.
- Water - for making the Jello
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced - You can use frozen strawberries, but fresh ones are recommended for the best flavor and texture.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Gradually whisk in the water until everything is well combined. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
Step 2: Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes. Then, gently stir in the sliced strawberries and strawberry jello.
Step 3: Pour the strawberry filling into the cooled pie crust and smooth out the top with a spatula.
Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours or until the filling has set.
Once the pie is set, serve it chilled and enjoy!
Tips for Crustless Strawberry Pie
- When you're ready to serve the pie, top it with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The creamy topping is the perfect complement to the sweet and tangy strawberry filling. You can also garnish the pie with additional sliced strawberries or mint leaves for a pop of color and flavor.
- You can use a store bought pie crust if you actually like pie crusts. Prebake the pie crust first before adding the jello and strawberries and let it cool.
- Garnish the pie with fat-free Reddi Whip or crushed up pretzels on top.
NO FOOD is off limits on WW and WW themselves stresses that a lot on their social media pages. That is one reason why I love WW. You can pretty much eat ANYTHING to lose weight just as long as you stay in your daily points range for that.
Each recipe or food has a Smart Points value. This is calculated using calories, saturated fat, protein, and sugar. It is best to stay away from foods that are loaded with saturated fat and sugar on the plan because those foods are higher in points. When you register with Weight Watchers you are given a daily set of points to target based on your age, gender, height, and activity level. Think of it as an easier way to track your macros.
More Great Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
If you tried this Crustless Strawberry Pie or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Crustless Strawberry Pie - a low carb and WW friendly sugar-free pie that is super easy to make. Each slice of pie is 0 smart points, 37 calories, and 6 net carbs per slice.
- 1 3oz package of strawberry jello
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Gradually whisk in the water until everything is well combined. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes. Then, gently stir in the sliced strawberries and strawberry jello.
- Pour the strawberry filling into the cooled pie crust and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours or until the filling has set.
- Once the pie is set, serve it chilled and enjoy!
My personal points 2
6 net carbs per slice
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: no bake
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 129mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Weight Watchers Crustless Strawberry Pie