Slow cooker chicken and gravy reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner. This dish is one that doesn’t take hours and hours of prepping and cooking to make. The prep time is less than 5 minutes and the slow cooker does the rest of the work.
Imagine shredded chicken smothered in gravy served over your choice of mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice. Doesn’t
Why You Will Love This Recipe
The chicken can be served over egg noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, or cauliflower mash for those that are following a low carb diet.
All these ingredients can be found at Aldi. One of my favorite grocery stores.
I’m what you call a lazy cook in my kitchen and I just heated up some instant mashed potatoes on the stovetop along with some canned microwaved green beans.
Canned green beans are my favorite and I prefer them over fresh green beans. They are great to serve on the side.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - They’re lean and quick-cooking and always come out juicy and tender. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the chicken is not over cooked. When reading labels for chicken breasts try to find ones that say Organic or Free Range.
- Packages chicken gravy mix - these are so quick and convenient!
- Cream of chicken soup is a popular ingredient in many recipes and is often found in canned form at grocery stores. It can also be made from scratch using fresh ingredients, giving it a homemade taste.
- Water - This comes from your faucet! (not pictured above)
- Onion powder is dehydrated, ground onion that is commonly used as a seasoning. Some people do not like the taste of freshly chopped onion so onion powder is a great substitute if you have a picky eater like that in your house.
- Garlic powder - is made from dehydrated garlic cloves and like the chili powder above it gets pulverized into a powder or flour consistency.
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Step 2: Add the dry chicken gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, onion powder, garlic powder, and water to the slower cooker pot. Whisk to combine.
Step 2: Add the chicken on top of the gravy mix. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hrs or on low for 8 hrs.
Step 3: Shred the whole pieces of chicken with a fork or use a hand held mixer.
Serve with mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
Variations to Try
- Add in some sour cream for extra creaminess
- For those that don’t like using canned cream of chicken soup or gravy seasoning packets make your own gravy. You can cook the chicken separate in the crockpot until it is done, then add your homemade gravy to it instead. I don’t have anything against these types of prepared food because I don’t eat this every day.
- Can I make this in my Instant Pot? If you plan on making this in your Instant pot use thawed chicken breasts and set the pressure cooker in manual mode for 15 minutes. Cover pot and set to sealing.
What to Serve with Chicken and Gravy
When it comes to serving chicken and gravy, there are plenty of options to choose from. Some popular choices include Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes and Garlic, rice, roasted vegetables, and biscuits.
You could also opt for a salad or a side of bread to round out the meal. Don't be afraid to get creative with your side dishes and experiment with different flavors and textures to find the perfect complement to your chicken and gravy.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container.
More Recipes to Try
If you tried this Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Chicken that cooks all day in a slow cooker in creamy rich gravy.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (.87oz) package chicken gravy mix
- 1 (10 ¾ oz.) 98% reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add the dry chicken gravy mix, cream of chicken soup, onion powder, garlic powder, and water to the slower cooker pot. Whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken on top of the gravy mix.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hrs or on low for 8 hrs.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
Serving Size: ¾ cup
My WW Personal Points: 2 Click here to see in recipe builder (will have to log in)
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: slow cooker chicken and gravy
Check out my other blog at foodiestyling.com!