Easy NEW and IMPROVED Keto and Low Carb Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies that only contains 3 ingredients!
June 15th 2019 - Recipe Update
I recently updated this recipe because it was pretty bad before. The amount of Stevia in the Raw was wrong and made the cookies taste pretty horrible. I made this recipe back in 2014 and since then I've found a pretty good brown sugar-free substitute called Sukrin Gold which you can purchase on Amazon. No side effects or nothing from eating the sugar.
My apologies to those who have tried this recipe before it was Stevia in the raw. If you read the comments below they will not be up to date with this recipe so please avoid them. The price for this brown sugar-free brown substitute recipe might be a little bit high for some people but to me, I think it is worth it because Sukrin tastes SO MUCH like regular brown sugar.
About Sukrin Gold: from amazon.com
- THE ORIGINAL GOLD SWEETENER - Enjoy the aroma, sweetness, flavor, and texture of brown sugar with zero calories per serving
- ALL-NATURAL - Made of erythritol, stevia, malt extract, and tagatose. Non-GMO with no artificial flavors, additives, or preservatives
- DIABETIC FRIENDLY - Less than 1 GI and no effect on blood sugar. Gold is well-suited for low carb and Keto diets
- MEASURES JUST LIKE SUGAR - Substitute regular or brown sugar 1:1. Perfect in tea, coffee, and sauces
- GUILT-FREE COOKING AND BAKING - Retains delicious flavor at high temps and even caramelizes like brown sugar without the "cooling" after-taste
There are SO MANY different kinds of sugar-free substitutes out there that could be used for this and I'm not familiar with them all. The ones that confuse me the most are the drops. I would test and try them all but this brown sugar is by far one of my favorite brown sugar substitutes and I have used it before in many recipes. If you are not familiar with this product give it a try and test it out. I guarantee you, you will love it.
So that is what I've been up to lately. Trying to figure out measurements for Stevia or different sugar-free substitutes in recipes. I was interested in different sugar substitutes after researching the keto diet. These peanut butter cookies are the way to start. Only 3 ingredients. Peanut butter: 1 egg, and ½ cup of Sukrin Gold. Keto and Low carb friendly sugar-free peanut butter cookies! Pretty simple. They take 10 minutes to make in your oven and you can have them in your mouth in no time!
Let me know what your favorite sugar substitute is below and how you measure that out. Any helpful tips for sugar-free substitutes would be great!
Tips for Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Let the cookies sit out on the pan before transferring them over to a cooling rack. They will look like they are not done at first but letting them cool makes them easier to get off the pan.
Press the fork on top of the cookie BEFORE placing them into the oven. If you try to do it after the peanut butter cookies will just crumble.
When you mix the batter it will look kind of loose at first but when you keep mixing and mixing it the batter will start to thicken.
I used a teaspoon size cookie scoop to get 14 cookies.Print
Sugarless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: 14 cookies 1x
Easy Keto and Low Carb Sugar-Free Peanut Butters that only contain 3 ingredients!
- 1 cup peanut butter reduced fat
- ½ cup of Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Substitute
- 1 egg
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and place on a cookie sheet tray. I also use a 1 teaspoon-sized cookie scoop to scoop the dough. This scoop makes sure the cookies are all the same size.
- Take a fork and press down on the cookies twice.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy some sugar less cookies!
- Makes 14 cookies, serving size: 1 cookie.
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple 5
9 Net Carbs per cookie
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Cookie
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
This recipe needs something... there is no crunch and they fall apart... flour? Or another egg? I don’t know, but something is lacking.... oh well.
There is no flour in this recipe.
Emmanuelle Lochard says
How much flour to use?
Pam Owens says
how many carbs are in 1 sugarless peanut butter cookie in your above. recipe?
You can buy just peanut butter that's just ground up peanuts in most organic grocery stores.
I've never seen reduced fat peanut butter that is just peanuts. But then, I've never looked. If you aren't using pure peanut butter, then you are still getting a whole lot of sugar in your peanut butter.
CA King says
FYI - You can find stevia in unexpected discount stores such as Grocery Outlet and Big Lots, at prices much less than at nat'l chain grocers.
Coleen Parker says
I think the cookies need another egg or something to make them crunchy. These were too soft and would fall apart when I picked them up.
Is it possible to use full fat natural peanut butter?
I love recipes made with ?Stevia in the raw. Songoingbto try these peanut butter cookies. If you have any more recipes made with stevia in the raw. Would greatly appreciate if you could post more. Or sending them to me. Am going to try this recipe. Thanks for posting..
Thanks so much.