This week has gone by super fast and tomorrow is already Friday! On Saturday night, I’m going to see the Secret Life of Pets, can’t wait! One thing my pets do when I am not home, is open the garbage can door and try to get in the garbage. I’ve learned my lesson there. Sometimes, I’ll leave them in my kitchen with the gate on one door, and other door locked. I came home one day, and they had pulled open the garbage can door all by themselves! Great, I’ll need to get child proof locks on the garbage can door..
These no-bake peanut butter cheerio bars are a great Summer treat to make if you don’t want to heat up your oven. They’re kind of like scotcheroos but with Cheerios instead of Rice Krispies. To make these more Weight Watcher friendly, I reduced the amount of sugar being used. Whenever I bake, I like to use real sugar instead of substitutes. Once, I tried making peanut butter cookies with Stevia and those turned out really bad! Hope you enjoy!
Please note that since WW uses sugar to figure out their points system now these bars are high in points for some people. They used to be only 4 points on their old Points Plus plan. One thing I love about this program is being able to have whatever you want and still being able to fit these into your points.Print
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 5 cups of Cheerios cereal or peanut butte r Cheerios
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of corn syrup
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder(optional)
- 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium saucepan mix together white sugar and light corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Add peanut butter, vanilla and protein powder. Mix until smooth.
- Place peanut butter Cheerios and peanuts in a large mixing bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over Cheerios and peanuts. Stir until combined.
- Spread Cheerio mixture in a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been greased with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut into 20 pieces. Serving Size: 1 bar
myWW points: Blue Points: 8; Green Points: 8; Purple Points: 8 Points Plus: 4 (old plan) I used mini chocolate chips for garnish. Not included in nutrition info.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Protein: 5
I am not affiliated with WW formerly known as Weight Watchers in any way. I am just a member who likes to create WW recipes and share them with everyone. Freestyle is the name of the current program of WW and smart points are calculated for the recipes. Some blogs list them as freestyle smart points and some list them as smart points. There is no difference between the 2.
WW new FREESTYLE program uses sugar to figure out their points system now and these bars didn’t use to be high in points on older plans. Some people are under the assumption that this isn’t a WW recipe.