2 Ingredient Dough Weight Watchers – once you try this recipe you’ll be hooked for life!
Update 1/8/2018 I’ve been getting a lot of questions about this dough and how to make it so I updated the recipe and instructions. Please read the notes too if you have any more questions. Thanks! When I made these pretzel bites I did exactly what the instructions said to do and divided it into 4 equal pieces. When making pretzel bites you just roll one of the dough pieces into a long rope and cut them into small bite size pieces. The whole entire dough recipe comes to 11 smart points depending on what brand of self rising flour you use.
I think I’ve become obsessed with this 2 ingredient dough recipe just like the rest of the Weight Watcher community has on Instagram.You can make so many things with this dough and on Instagram people have made bagels, calzones, pizza dough, pretzels, bread sticks, you name it, oh yes have also seen cinnamon rolls? Heaven! #2ingredientdough. You can now follow hashtags on Instagram and you will want to follow this one just to see what everyone is making with it.
So far, I’ve tried pizza crust and making pretzel bites. The pretzel bites seem to work better with this dough which is mainly non fat greek yogurt and self rising flour. I’ve tried making the famous pretzel shape with this recipe and it never seems to work out for me. The pretzel just ends up falling apart when I put it in the baking soda and water bath. I’ll be experimenting with this dough and in the past couple of weeks I’ve bought at least 3 large containers of greek yogurt, the Chobani brand. This dough is awesome and the only thing that I don’t like about it is that it’s kind of hard to work with. If you’re going to make this dough make sure to flour your hands or the cutting board you’re working on. You will need extra flour! 2 ingredient dough is sticky!
FYI – sorry about the volume levels!
- 1 cup of non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self-rising flour (I use Gold Medal Brand)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both ingredients inside a mixing bowl and blend until ingredients have formed.
- *if your dough still feels a little sticky, sprinkle flour onto dough until it feels solid and easy to separate.
- Continue to kneed dough for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Next, coat the cutting board with flour and begin to dived your dough into for even pieces
- To roll into bagels, donuts, pretzels, turnovers, or calzones.
- Place items on parchment paper or foil.
- Brush on the egg wash.
- Add seasoning of choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.
- See notes for more details.
Depending on what you want to make with this dough the serving sizes will be different, but the whole entire dough recipe is 11 smart points. Please use your recipe builder.
Don’t have self-rising flour? You can substitute with a mix of 1½ cups all-purpose flour, 1½ teaspoons baking powder, and ¾ teaspoon salt!
The nutrition info below is for 1 piece if you divide it between 4 pieces.
The cheese sauce I used in the pic was Tostitos Medium Salsa Con Queso. It comes in a jar and usually found by their chips. 2 tablespoons is 1 smart point!