Last night I made this fabulous garlic cheese bread. What made the garlic bread good was purchasing FRESH mozzarella cheese. Seriously people, you can’t go wrong with fresh mozzarella. Sure it’s a little bit more expensive, but I think it is well worth the price. Sometimes the grocery stores have coupons for them too. Belgioso is my favorite. I used Ciabatta bread and spread some butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese on top of that and then baked that off in the oven for 10 minutes at a high temp. 450 degrees to be exact. It isn’t very WW friendly just to warn you. Sometimes you just got to have a big loaf of cheesy garlic bread.
Check out some of the other recipes down below. Some of them would go really great with this garlic bread like the Stuffed Italian Sausage Recipe or Baked Feta Pasta.
This Garlic Ciabatta Bread recipe was shared back in 2014 and I just updated the blog post with new pictures and info about the recipe. 5/6/21
How to make Garlic Bread
See and print the full recipe below.
Preheat Oven to 450.
Cut the ciabatta bread in half lengthwise.
In a bowl combine the softened butter, parmesan cheese and garlic. Stir together.
Spread the butter on top of the bread. Then layer on the fresh mozzarella cheese.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
Cut into 8 equal slices. Serving size: 1 slice.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Garlic Ciabatta Bread recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on PinterestPrint
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread, split in half
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
- ¼ stick of butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat Oven to 450.
- Cut the ciabatta bread in half lengthwise.
- In a bowl combine the softened butter, parmesan cheese and garlic. Stir together.
- Spread the butter on top of the bread. Then layer on the fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
- Cut into 8 equal slices. Serving size: 1 slice.
myWW points: Blue 8; Green : 8; Purple 8 (WW Recipe Builder)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: garlic bread recipe