Starbucks Holiday syrups are back and my favorite is the Sugar Cookie syrup. I can not get enough of this syrup and I’ll have an iced latte in the middle of Winter any day! After the Holidays when they change to their new menu it's gone and you can no longer order so I figured out how to make it on my own.
Homemade flavored syrups are so easy to make at home. Don’t go out and buy those fancy syrups in the bottles that you see in the stores. All you need is sugar and water for the base and whatever flavor you choose to make out of the syrup.
There’s so many different types of flavored extracts out there like butter, almond, vanilla, peppermint, and mint. Yesterday at the store, I saw one for Banana pudding extract! The almond and vanilla extract combine to make this syrup taste exactly like a homemade sugar cookie!
If you love CopyCat Recipes for Starbucks check out How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Salted Caramel Crew Cold Brew Copy Cat, Cranberry Bliss Bars Copycat, or Strawberry Funnel Cake Frappuccino.
Reasons why you will love this Syrup
The syrup is straightforward to store. Find a jar or glass bottle to pour it in and have it throughout the Holiday season.
Make iced or warm lattes with it throughout the year.
Tie it with a bow to give away as gifts for friends who are also coffee lovers!
Add this syrup to freshly made baked goods. It is not just to help flavor your coffee.
- Brown Sugar - is made by combining granulated white sugar with molasses, which gives it a brown color and a slightly different taste than regular white sugar.
- Water - this is in your kitchen sink 😉
- Recipe Tip: Please note the next 3 ingredients are hard to find at local grocery stores. At least they were for me. I had to order Cake Batter Extract online.
- Butter Extract - This you can find in the baking aisle of any grocery store.
- Almond Extract - This you can find in the baking aisle of any grocery store.
- Cake Batter Extract - You might need to purchase this online from Amazon. Or look for it in specialty food stores. It's worth it. I haven't found any store bought syrups that are similar to Starbucks sugar cookie syrup at all.
- See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Sugar Cookie Syrup
Step 1: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves completely.
Step 2: Add in the 3 different extracts. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
Step 3: Once the mixture has cooled, transfer it to a clean jar or bottle and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Having the Perfect Coffee Bar at Home!
Here are a few items to always have on hand whenever you want to make the perfect cup of coffee!
Espresso Machine - This electric espresso maker has single shot and double shot, and the extraction will stop automatically when the right coffee strength is reached. And it has a strict temperature control system to make your coffee taste perfect.
Flavored Syrups - here are two main different brands for buying flavored coffee syrups. Monin or Torani. Make sure to look for the correct bottle size and brand size when purchasing. These syrups can be used in other drinks such as Italian sodas, smoothies, and more!
Pumps - High quality pumps & ideal for dispensing any kind of flavoring syrups
Fun Glasses - I like these cute beer bottle glasses that come with a lid.
More Great Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
If you tried this Sugar Cookie Syrup orany other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
sugar cookie syrup recipe
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 cup water
1 ½ teaspoon cake batter extract
1 teaspoon butter extract
½ teaspoon almond extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves completely. Add in the 3 different extracts.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, transfer it to a clean jar or bottle and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookie syrup