Starbucks Holiday syrups are back and my favorite is the Sugar Cookie syrup. I can not get enough of this syrup and I’ll have an iced latte in the middle of Winter any day!
Homemade flavored syrups are so easy to make at home. Don’t go out and buy those fancy syrups in the bottles that you see in the stores. All you need is sugar and water for the base and whatever flavor you choose to make out of the syrup.
There’s so many different types of flavored extracts out there like butter, almond, vanilla, peppermint, and mint. Yesterday at the store, I saw one for Banana pudding extract! The almond and vanilla extract combine to make this syrup taste exactly like a homemade sugar cookie!
If you love CopyCat Recipes for Starbucks check out How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Salted Crew Cold Brew Copy Cat, Cranberry Bliss Bars Copycat, or Strawberry Funnel Cake Frappuccino.
Reasons why you will love this Syrup
The syrup is straightforward to store. Find a jar or glass bottle to pour it in and have it throughout the Holiday season.
Make iced or warm lattes with it throughout the year.
Tie it with a bow to give away as gifts for friends who are also coffee lovers!
Add this syrup to freshly made baked goods. It is not just to help flavor your coffee.
- 1 Can Light Coconut Milk - If you don't have any light coconut milk use good old water from the faucet. I think the coconut milk gives it a little more depth of flavor.
- 1 cup brown sugar - yes this is a lot of sugar but you can't make a simple syrup with out it!
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract - if you can find butter extract that would be a great addition to add to this syrup to make it taste more like a sugar cookie.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make Sugar Cookie Syrup
- Bring the coconut milk and brown sugar together in a pan. Let it come to a gentle boil and then reduce the heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes. Check the pot and whisk the syrup every now and then. It should start to become thick after awhile.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Whisk to combine then let it cool and store it in a jar or air tight container. It is now ready to make warm or iced lattes.
Having the Perfect Coffee Bar at Home!
Here are a few items to always have on hand whenever you want to make the perfect cup of coffee!
Espresso Machine - This electric espresso maker has single shot and double shot, and the extraction will stop automatically when the right coffee strength is reached. And it has a strict temperature control system to make your coffee taste perfect.
Flavored Syrups - here are two main different brands for buying flavored coffee syrups. Monin or Torani. Make sure to look for the correct bottle size and brand size when purchasing. These syrups can be used in other drinks such as Italian sodas, smoothies, and more!
Pumps - High quality pumps & ideal for dispensing any kind of flavoring syrups
Fun Glasses - I like these cute beer bottle glasses that come with a lid.
More Great Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
Please Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
I would love to see your creations on Pinterest. Upload them and leave a comment on my Pinterest page!
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.
sugar cookie syrup recipe
- 1 Can Light Coconut Milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp Butter Flavored Extract
- pinch of salt
- Bring the coconut milk and brown sugar together in a pan. Let it come to a gentle boil and then reduce the heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes. Check the pot and whisk the syrup every now and then. It should start to become thick after a while.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla, almond extract, butter extract, and salt. Whisk to combine then let it cool and store it in a jar or air-tight container. It is now ready to make warm or iced lattes.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookie syrup