Learn how to make perfect easy-peel hard-boiled eggs made in the air fryer that can be used for egg salad sandwiches, salad, Scotch Eggs, deviled eggs, and more!
There are MANY methods for cooking a hard-boiled egg out there but using my air fryer is by far my favorite method!. You can make them on a stovetop in boiling water, an Instant Pot, and in your oven. Yep, that's right! You will be amazed at how easy it is to cook them in this popular trendy contraption that looks like Darth Vader's helmet. 🙂
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You can use the hard-boiled eggs to make my Healthier Greek Yogurt Egg Salad, Aunt Carol's Potato salad, and Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs, top them on a Cobb Salad, place them on avocado toast, or use them to make Cool Whip Dyed Easter Eggs with. So many options and different egg recipes to try. They are great for meal prep or for snacks.
I rarely turn on my oven anymore to make those 3 items above and the air fryer doesn't heat up your space.
Easy clean up!
Please note, I have not tested this recipe for soft boiled eggs yet.
Large Eggs - Straight from the egg carton! You can even place the eggs in the air fryer basket cold!
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer
Step 1: Place some cold eggs in a single layer in the air fryer basket, set the timer to 16 minutes and temperature 250 and let the air fryer cook them. So easy and simple to make.
Step 2: When they are done instantly transfer the eggs to an ice bath or cold water bath to stop the cooking. Then peel and enjoy!
Use some Everything But the Bagel Seasoning to top the eggs with, or eat them however you like. Make some deviled eggs or an egg salad sandwich with these.
Tips for Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Please check the wattage on your air fryer first before trying this method.
- Please note, I am not responsible if your eggs don't turn out. Every air fryer is different and might take longer or less time to cook. There are many comments below where people are mad because they decided to try a whole carton of eggs and they didn't turn out. Please do not cook a dozen eggs at once, especially if this is your first time trying this. Try 1 or 2 eggs at first. Increase the time if the eggs are not cooked through.
- If you haven't cleaned your air fryer in a while there might be brown spots on the eggs. This doesn't ruin them or anything and it has happened to me quite a few times. Don't worry if you see them.
- I like to use a wire rack to help lift the eggs out of the basket all at once. It is not needed for the recipe. Most air fryers come with a trivet to place on food.
- For Ninja Foodi Air Fryers that don't go under 300 degrees - Use Bake for a setting and 250 degrees. Same time to the recipe listed below.
- Air fryers are like microwaves and all of them have different wattages. That means the time and temperature above might not work with your air fryer. If your eggs don't turn out this might be why. Please be aware of this before leaving a comment about how your eggs didn't turn out. Not All air fryers work the same. Thanks.
Best Air Fryer Tips
The air fryer is so great for cooking simple basic food like air fryer bacon wrapped chicken breast, air fryer steak, and air fryer omelette. Cook up some air fryer chicken breasts for the week and use the chicken for quesadillas, salads, or DIY chipotle burrito bowls to use for lunch or dinner.
Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual. If the food ever burns or doesn’t cook properly this could be why the recipe didn’t work for you.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Place items in a single layer in the air fryer basket or some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
What air fryer do I use? Cosori 4 Qt Air Fryer- This air fryer doesn't require any preheating and has several different functions for cooking chicken, meat, frozen foods, etc. There are 5 different functions.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
More Great Recipes to Try :
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
If you tried this Air Fryer Hard Boiled Egg or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs - are so easy you'll never make them on your stove top again!
- 6 large eggs (cold)
- Set your wire rack that came with your air fryer inside the basket and place the eggs on top of the wire rack. If your air fryer didn't come with a wire rack then just place them in the bottom of the air fryer basket. I've done it with and without that and both methods work. I just find that the wire rack is easier to lift them all out of the basket at once.
- Set the temp to 250 (121 C) and the timer to 16 minutes. After the eggs are done in the air fryer take them out and put them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Peel the eggs and enjoy!
- Disclaimer: Unfortunately, not all air fryers work the same. If your eggs don't turn out you will have to adjust the time and temperature accordingly. I have this listed in multiple sections on this page. Adding it to the instructions as well just in case people miss this.
myWW Blue 0 Green 2 Purple 0
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator
This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Might have to cook longer for smaller air fryers. Please check the wattage on your air fryer before cooking the eggs.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large egg
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: .6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6.3g
Keywords: air fryer hard boiled eggs