Want to purchase my Air Fryer Ebook? Click here to purchase!
Learn how to make perfect easy-peel hard-boiled eggs made in the air fryer that can be used for egg salad sandwiches, salad, Scotch Eggs, deviled eggs, and more! Use the skip to recipe feature at the top of the post if you don't want to read the entire post!
There are MANY methods for cooking a hard-boiled egg out there but using my air fryer is by far my favorite method!. You can make them on a stovetop in boiling water, an Instant Pot, and in your oven. Yep, that's right! You will be amazed at how easy it is to cook them in this popular trendy contraption that looks like Darth Vader's helmet. 🙂
What can I use Hard Boil Eggs For?
You can use the cooked eggs to make egg salad, potato salad, and deviled eggs, or top them on salads, place them on avocado toast, or use them to dye Easter eggs with. So many options and different egg recipes to try. They are great for meal prep or for snacks.
Please note, I have not tested this recipe for soft boiled eggs yet.
Just please be aware that the egg yolk is high in cholesterol and not many should be consumed at once.
Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer
I just place some cold eggs in a single layer in the air fryer basket, set the timer to 16 minutes and temperature 250 and let the air fryer cook them. So easy and simple to make. When they are done instantly transfer the eggs to an ice bath or cold water bath to stop the cooking. Use some Everything Bagel Seasoning to top the eggs with, or eat them however you like. Make some deviled eggs or an egg salad sandwich with these.
Tips for Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Please check the wattage on your air fryer first before trying this method.
- Please note, I am not responsible if your eggs don't turn out. Every air fryer is different and might take longer or less time to cook. There are many comments below where people are mad because they decided to try a whole carton of eggs and they didn't turn out. Please do not cook a dozen eggs at once, especially if this is your first time trying this. Try 1 or 2 eggs at first. Increase the time if the eggs are not cooked through.
- If you haven't cleaned your air fryer in a while there might be brown spots on the eggs. This doesn't ruin them or anything and it has happened to me quite a few times. Don't worry if you see them.
- I like to use a wire rack to help lift the eggs out of the basket all at once. It is not needed for the recipe. Most air fryers come with a trivet to place on food.
- For Ninja Foodi Air Fryers that don't go under 300 degrees - Use Bake for a setting and 250 degrees. Same time to the recipe listed below.
- Disclaimer: Air fryers are like microwaves and all of them have different wattages. That means the time and temperature above might not work with your air fryer. If your eggs don't turn out this might be why. Please be aware of this before leaving a comment about how your eggs didn't turn out. Not All air fryers work the same. Thanks.
Why You Will Love Your Air Fryer
The air fryer is so great for cooking simple basic food like chicken, steak, and eggs. Cook up some air fryer chicken breasts for the week and use the chicken for quesadillas, salads, or DIY chipotle burrito bowls.
I rarely turn on my oven anymore to make those 3 items above and the air fryer doesn't heat up your space.
Easy clean up!
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
What are the Best Air Fryers?
I've had 3 or 4 different air fryers or the past 5 years and each one of them has worked very well with the air fryer recipes on this site. If you want to be able to cook more food for your family at once then get an air fryer with a large basket such as 5.3 quarts. Look for ones that say nonstick on them and has multiple program settings.
Power XL Air Fryer 5.3 Quart Basket. - This was my very first air fryer.
Our 5.3QT Power Air-Fryer comes in handy in preparing amazing meals from your cookbook, and frying a variety of dishes, such as: French fries, chicken, steak, roasts, fish tacos and sticks, waffle fries, pies, pudding and donuts.
Ninja Foodi Grill and Air Fryer - This air fryer works very well too but the air fryer setting doesn't go below 300 degrees. If there's a recipe that calls for lower temperatures you have to use the bake setting. It air frys, roasts, grills, and dehydrates food.
Cosori 4 Qt Air Fryer- This air fryer doesn't require any preheating and has several different functions for cooking chicken, meat, frozen foods, etc. There are 5 different functions.
GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer
Air fryer temperature settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
More Great Recipes to Try :
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
Please Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
I would love to see your creations on Pinterest. Upload them and leave a comment on my Pinterest page!
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @recipediariesww
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let us know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of our posts.Print
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cook Time: 16
- Total Time: 16
- Yield: 6 1x
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs - are so easy you'll never make them on your stove top again!
- 6 large eggs (cold)
- Set your wire rack that came with your air fryer inside the basket and place the eggs on top of the wire rack. If your air fryer didn't come with a wire rack then just place them in the bottom of the air fryer basket. I've done it with and without that and both methods work. I just find that the wire rack is easier to lift them all out of the basket at once.
- Set the temp to 250 (121 C) and the timer to 16 minutes. After the eggs are done in the air fryer take them out and put them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Peel the eggs and enjoy!
- Disclaimer: Unfortunately, not all air fryers work the same. If your eggs don't turn out you will have to adjust the time and temperature accordingly. I have this listed in multiple sections on this page. Adding it to the instructions as well just in case people miss this.
myWW Blue 0 Green 2 Purple 0
WW points are calculated using the recipe builder and not the nutrition info calculator
Disclaimer: Air fryers are like microwaves and all of them have different wattages. That means the time and temperature above might not work for your air fryer. If your eggs don't turn out this might be why.
This method works for a 1400 to 1700 watt air fryer. Might have to cook longer for smaller air fryers. Please check the wattage on your air fryer before cooking the eggs.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large egg
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: .6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6.3g
Don't give up! Maybe those bigger oven air fryers don't work well with this. I've never tried those before but I have had 3 or 5 different brands of air fryers I've tested this recipe out with.
Shannon Rooney Ascher says
I’m giving it neutral ratings because it didn’t work in my air fryer as it was suggested I the post (doesn’t work in all air fryers… I actually read the post first!) Tried it in my gowiseusa airfrier, but I have one of those bigger oven-grill-dehydrator- wash your car, feed your cat models, so I wasn’t sure if it would work or not. No, it didn’t work. So, if you have one of these big oven things, it’s probably not going to work for you either, but you can always try. Guess I’m sticking to the boiling method for now. Thanks for the recipe though. I wouldn’t have even thought of trying it if I hadn’t come across it on your site. Best wishes!
Hurray, egg salad is so good!