Buffalo chicken wings made in the air fryer are a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried wings. The air fryer cooks the wings quickly and evenly, resulting in crispy skin and tender meat.
It’s time to start branching out and trying different types of chicken in the air fryer. There’s more to life than just breasts or tenders and that is what I’ve been eating for a majority of my life so far until I tried wingettes and drummettes in the air fryer. They cook to perfection in the air fryer and get super crispy!
The air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Check out some of these recipes! Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan, Air Fryer Oreos with Crescent Roll Dough, Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, and Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli.
If you like more buffalo chicken recipes please try Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Chicken wings take about 18 to 20 minutes in the air fryer and you can toss them with whatever sauce you like! I chose buffalo.
Depending on what type of chicken you use the points will vary for the type of wing. If you are counting points and are on WW please be aware that chicken wings are more points because of skin, fat, and type of meat on the chicken
Skinless boneless wings at the store are fewer points. It is not the bone that makes the chicken more points.
- Chicken wingettes or chicken wings - Chicken wings are a popular type of food that is made from the wings of chickens. They can be served plain or with a variety of sauces, such as buffalo, barbecue, or honey mustard.
- Buffalo wing sauce - Buffalo sauce is a tangy and spicy sauce typically made with hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. The sauce originated in Buffalo, New York in the 1960s and has since become a popular flavor for a variety of dishes.
- Hidden valley ranch seasoning - Use a 1 oz packet
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Step 1. Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket and set the temp to 400 degrees F and set the timer to 20 minutes. Spray with cooking spray.
2. After the 20 minutes are done, take the chicken wings out and place them in a medium bowl. Add the ranch seasoning mix to the chicken and toss the wings to coat with the ranch seasoning. Add the buffalo sauce and continue to toss the chicken wings in the bowl until everything is well coated.
What to serve with Chicken Wings?
Celery sticks or carrot sticks are popular to serve with chicken wings.
There are so many different types of sauces you can add to your buffalo wings such as blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing.
For some vegetables try buffalo wings with Grilled Corn on the Cob or a fresh green side salad with tomatoes, chopped eggs, croutons, bacon, and cheese.
Tips for using Air Fryers
The air fryer is so great for cooking simple basic food like air fryer steak, air fryer hard-boiled eggs, and air fryer bacon. Cook up some air fryer chicken breasts for the week and use it chicken quesadillas.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Place items in a single layer in the air fryer basket or some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
Use a spray oil such as Pam to get food extra crispy and to save on calories.
Use parchment paper on the bottom of your air fryer for easy clean up.
Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual.
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
Other Air Fryer Recipes to Try
If you tried this Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
There’s more to life than just breasts or tenders and that is what I’ve been eating for a majority of my life so far until I tried wingettes and drummettes in the air fryer
- 1 pound chicken wingettes or chicken wings
- ½ cup of buffalo wing sauce
- ½ packet hidden valley ranch seasoning
- Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket and set the temp to 400 degrees F and set the timer to 20 minutes
- After the 20 minutes are done, take the chicken wings out and place the in a medium bowl. Add the ranch seasoning mix to the chicken and toss the wings to coat with the ranch seasoning. Add the buffalo sauce and continue to toss the chicken wings in the bowl until everything is well coated.
1 wingette is 3 points (all 3 myWW plans) Points for chicken wings will vary
Points are calculated with the WW recipe builder app and not using the nutrition info.
Please note that all air fryers do not cook the same. Might have to adjust cooking time accordingly if your chicken is not properly cooked through. Thank you.
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings