It’s time to start branching out and trying different types of chicken. There’s more to life than just breasts or tenders and that is what I’ve been eating for a majority of my life so far until I tried wingettes and drummettes in the air fryer. They cook to perfection in the air fryer and get super crispy!
This recipe has been recently updated on 10/20/20 with a new photo and updated recipe.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Depending on what type of chicken you use the points will vary for the type of wing. If you are counting points and are on WW please be aware that chicken wings are more points because of skin, fat, and type of meat on the chicken, but you can buy skinless boneless wings at the store for less points. It is not the bone that makes the chicken more points.
There are so many different types of sauces you can add to your buffalo wings. Check out Pinterest for even more sauce recipes. I don’t have vary many on this blog since I’m new to the wing World.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
1. Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket and set the temp to 400 degrees F and set the timer to 20 minutes
2. After the 20 minutes are done, take the chicken wings out and place them in a medium bowl. Add the ranch seasoning mix to the chicken and toss the wings to coat with the ranch seasoning. Add the buffalo sauce and continue to toss the chicken wings in the bowl until everything is well coated.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism. It is a downsized version of the convection oven.
Tips for using Air Fryers
Preheating: Some air fryers require preheating and some do not. Be sure to check your air fryer manual. Mine does not require preheating. If the food ever burns or doesn’t cook properly this could be why the recipe didn’t work for you.
Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the basket. Some food will not cook properly or all the way through.
Oil: One of the reasons why air fryers are so great is because food doesn’t need a lot of oil. Just a small amount!
Not every air fryer cooks food the same. I always check half ways to see if it is getting close to near done. If it isn’t done, continue cooking longer.
What Air Fryer Do I have?
For Christmas last year I got the Ninja Foodi Grill and it is my favorite so far because it can do so many things other than just air fryer!
Ninja Foodi 5 in 1 4-qt Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, Indoor Electric Grill
Other Recipes to Try
Garlic Roasted Potatoes If you’ve tried this Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wings or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to share on Pinterest or Instagram! Make sure to tag me in the photo.Print
- 1 pound chicken wingettes or chicken wings
- 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 packet hidden valley ranch seasoning
- Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket and set the temp to 400 degrees F and set the timer to 20 minutes
- After the 20 minutes are done, take the chicken wings out and place the in a medium bowl. Add the ranch seasoning mix to the chicken and toss the wings to coat with the ranch seasoning. Add the buffalo sauce and continue to toss the chicken wings in the bowl until everything is well coated.
Please note that all air fryers do not cook the same. Might have to adjust cooking time accordingly if your chicken is not properly cooked through. Thank you.
1 wingette is 3 points (all 3 myWW plans)
Points for chicken wings will vary
- Category: Easy
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 503mg
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 10